Pics Of Chewbaca

eather.hey

Well, you saw her mating, you might as well see what happens after she mates...

Some of these turned out really good. Watching her lay the eggs is really neat. They come out of her and she sort of just flexes her body in little vibrations to move the eggs all into one spot. In the pictures you can see the eggs traveling up her body to the clutch. This is the 3rd time I got to see this, but the first time I captured it!

post-2023-1100514199.jpg

:lol: OMG!!!! My pharmacist just saw Chewy's pic,and said that you should call the Guiness Book of World Records!!!!! :rofl She said that she's never seen a snail that big!!!!! :blink::lol:

that's so cool.  I have 3 apple snails but they have never mated :(

Yours might all be the same sex. I don't know how to tell the difference, I only know the sex of mine b/c of their activity. My crew didn't start getting frisky until I started feeding them a varied diet. Try giving them something that they've never eaten before, it might get them in the mood.

Congrats! So how big is she? She's a Cana, right?

If yours won't mate, either they are all the same sex, don't like the water quality or something else about their home, their diet, are too young, possibly are diseased or just don't feel like it. It's also possible they mate at night when you don't see it.

Mine just started mating too. Partially it was because they finally got old enough, but it was also because I moved them from a 10gal to a 30gal.

Archived