Sign in to follow this  
Guest Little Moor

Adding New Fish..

Guest Little Moor

I have a 10gal coming available really soon. Would it be better to keep the new gf in the hospital tank for a while in case medication is needed? So as not to ruin the water quality in the newly cycled tank?

I'm obviously not worried about disease spreading, as he would be the only one in the tank. I just know the trouble I've gone through getting my water back to "normal" after medicating some icky :ill babies.

That would problably be a good idea... to keep your newly cycled tank from being exposed to the nasites that can be brought home with a fish. After a few weeks of normal healthy activity and no signs of sickness you can place your new buddy in the tank.... sounds pretty good to me....very cautious and caring IMO...trying to make sure your fish has the best enviroment possible in the long term!

You can create a quarantine tank to put the fish in for a period of time to make sure that the new fish has no diseases that can spread to the other fish. I heard that you should put it in the quarantine tank for a few weeks, but it is not possible for me to do that, so i just give the fish a salt dip and put it in the main tank.

Edited by Fantail