... Hand Picking Eggs

maniacholic

Hand picking eggs is a very tricky thing to do, and I can't imagine the eggs being okay after that. They are so very fragile as it is, and the only way I transport eggs is I take whatever they are stuck to (plants, ornaments, rocks) out and put them where I want them. I tried scraping off some eggs from the tank wall with a credit card VERY carefully, but hand picking?! You can squeash them so easily without noticing, and the smallest pressure on them can cause tremendous damage....

Only time will tell if some damage was done, I would say.... :)

whew lucky he said he was just "rubbing" them with his finger and got it by having it stick to his hand i guess no pressure was applied... but now i need to send these critters home.

BTW: how long does it take for the eggs to hatch on basis? I hope they all do but i dont wanna cull them I'm in a dilema :unsure:

Edited by maniacholic

Depending on the temperature, it should take around 4-7 days. Even before they actually hatch you will be able to see some black dots inside the egg .... :)