Sign in to follow this  
maniacholic

Is It Illegal?

It's not illegal to ship fish, but I'm not sure about what the rules are when they have to go through customs. You should have her contact the post office in Hong Kong first. I'd wait till it was warmer too...although I have no idea where you live or what the temp. is in Hong Kong this time of year...lol.

Hong kong at this time of the year is fall, but it won't be cold

wouldnt it be better to ship when its cold...i mean they should be less active an use less oxygen if its colder,,,someone correct me if im wrong

wouldnt it be better to ship when its cold...i mean they should be less active an use less oxygen if its colder,,,someone correct me if im wrong

I think he's on to something goldies are cold water fish :exactly

But then again the cargo may try to reach higher altitudes to the point where it is extremely cold...

yet again a cargo ship can't do that as it may destroy objects...

Edited by maniacholic

There could be import/export rules about shipping fish from one country to another. There was a discussion a while back about someone who was moving to a different country and wanted to take his/her fish, and the import/export laws made it too difficult to be worth it. Phoenix eggfish sure are cool though, I'd love to have one too! Post some pics if you get one. :)

There could be import/export rules about shipping fish from one country to another. There was a discussion a while back about someone who was moving to a different country and wanted to take his/her fish, and the import/export laws made it too difficult to be worth it. Phoenix eggfish sure are cool though, I'd love to have one too! Post some pics if you get one.? :)

yeah i read that article too it was to a country that had an infestation, but here in the U.S. a goldfish would not survive in the wild. Not to mention the fancies.

Oh i forgot to mention my aunt picked out a Calico Phoenix Tail! I REALLY HOPES IT GETS THROUGH!!!!!

Edited by maniacholic

when fish reaches the customs, the custom officer asks the fish:

"excuse me sir, i mean, fish. can you show me some identification please?"

fish replied:

"*bubble, bubble...*" and did a 180 degrees flip splashing water rit into the officer's eyes.

sorry, a little lame there... just feeling boring, waiting for time to pass. 2 more hrs to knock off! :rofl

Actually, goldfish can live in the wild in the US -- there's laws about releasing goldfish (as well as other non-native fish) into the lakes and rivers where I live (Montana), so I guess they're a problem. :lol: They must be single-tails to be able to live up north here in the winter! If you have a pond it has to be built where any water that floods out won't go into any creeks or ditches that might take fish or eggs into the rivers. We were thinking about water-proofing one of our natural ponds so we could put fish in it, but it was illegal to do that since the water overflows and ends up in a river eventually. I wonder if fishermen around here ever catch illegal goldfish? lol :lol:

Good point, never thought of it that way! The whole thing of shipping fish scares me senseless anyway...

Can she get me a fishy too... :rofl