Sign in to follow this  
Fantail

My Fish Are Not Interested In Any

They only like meat food, when i feed them spirulina flakes, they nibble at it slowly, but when normal foods, they are very fast to get at it. They do eat peas, just very slow. And won't eat leaves like lettuse

what should i do?

maybe try making them gel food with tuna or some kind of meat to give flavor but veggies too for vitamins?

I've never tried making gel foods, or seen any in petstores, but that is all good idea. I think i'll try it sometime or later.

I have had some fish that simply have never learned to eat the various veggies and things I offer. They never learn, as long as they are housed with others that do not eat the foods.

If I place them in a tank that has fish that eat the foods, the majority of the time the "non-eating" fish quickly gets the idea and starts ripping into the veggies and things. Now that Hubble is housed with Dobby, he is finally starting to try the various veggies and gel foods and such. They always just rotted in his house before.

They seem to need another fish to teach them, I guess.

But none of my fish eats them, they don't even know that peas is food, they just peck at it a few times, then after a while, they forget and peck at it again.

your best bet would be to try a gel food receipe.

i've had some fish who refused to eat anything other than processed foods no matter what i tried, but the vast majority will at least try gel food, and usually love it. once they get into the gel food they'll generally start sampling other forms of veggies as well. keep trying with the fresh food though; sometimes it can take several weeks before they'll accept a new type of food as edible

You can try fasting your fish, then giving them vegetables. They're more likely to try something different if they're very hungry.

Yeah, i could try the gel foods, but fasting them, i've tried. No result. But is preparing gel foods hard or time consuming?

I made gel food. My fish really love it and it was so easy to make. :)

Cool, when i have time, i think that i am going to try the gel foods.

Guest mariap

I have tried to feed them Lettece and my goldies ate it :)