Wen In Baby Goldfish

fishies12

My baby goldfish mom was a oranda and dad a fantail i have had them for about 3 1/2 months and i was wondering when i could be able to tell if they will be a oranda or fantail (when their wen will show)

also parents were a calico and orange goldfish but about 2/3 of the babies are black! i was wondering if they will stay black(i hope not beacuse black goldies are very hard to see in a pond :pond )

mine is a pearlscale/moor and she has no wen yet at all and shes about 9 months old. i think they start at about 6 months though or something. im not sure.

Its a funny thing with goldfish colors, even more so in babies. They change all the time, and with a calico in the mix you never know. Most babies have somewhat of a dark color as baby color, and it will subside as they grow. Is it a deep velvety black, or a more subtle brownish color?

Wen take a while to develop, and it can take up to a year to see if it really has one or not. My babies had almost no wen for a long time, and that little thing they finally developed was basically a laugh... :rolleyes:

Archived