Sign in to follow this  
zebsmom

Ok...here's A Silly Question

I was wondering...

Is there a way you can hook more than one ornament to the same airpump..

Ok... I have a bubblewand in my tank currently... but say I wanted to purchase an ornament that also has bubbles and needs and air pump... could I feasibly have them on the same pump????

Just curious... thoguht they might make something that you put one airline into and the oher end makes split into two lines once for each device...

Ohhh yeah and Has anyone every seen the ornament like in the nemo tank... Mount wannahockalougie???? Curious aobut theat one.... my Husband of all people wants to know that part...hehehe

Actually you can. I'm not sure if your lfs carries it but we call it a "T" or "cross" connector for air pumps. You just stick it onto your air line and allows you to stick more ornaments to your air pump. Or maybe a small contraption that "pennplax" makes which has a valve.

The problem is that the pressure doens't always divide evenly. You have to have valves in your connectors. Good luck :D

It is very important to get the contraption with the valves that allows you do direct proportioned air to each ornament. They will not run equally and this can be very distressing. You can futz with the length of air tubing to control it to a degree, if you need to, though. The longer the hose, the more the friction slows the amount of air. So if you have a "fast" ornament and a "slow" ornament, you can put more hosing on the "fast" one to slow it down and give the "slow" ornament more air.

The valves cost only a dollar or two - well worth it.

I do not remember that volcano in Nemo that well, but there are loads of things you can do. I have a large aligator head in one of my tanks. I have turned the air release very very low - it takes about 20-25 minutes to fill with air and cause the mouth to open. A volcano with an "air" eruption could be controled like that. There are also many lights that can be utilized in a tank - a friend of mine has lazer lights and lights that change on a schedule from red to green to blue to yellow to white and back again. It is weird in my opinion, but he loves it.

I have seen ornaments in the store that have a clear plastic piece in them. You aim an air bubbler up under the plastic sheet and it makes them look like underwater waterfalls - the air bubbles actually look like water falling down, even though they are going up!

As was said you can get a T splitter or regulators. I got a big back full of airline stuff when I bought a used tank, I don't even know what half of it is. But some of the various pieces are things like 4 way valves where each valve is adjustable, T connectors, etc. I can't imagine having that many bubble stones/walls/ornaments going in one tank! Also, I have a large air pump that actually outputs 2 seperate lines, so you don't have to worry about each line not being even when you use a T connector.

Wow...tahnks everyone... will head to my LFS and see what I can find.... I have seen ome of the ones that change colorsand I think I have seen some that change colors and have bubbles... My fish seem to love the bubbles and was thinking about adding a new bubbling ornament to make them a bit happier...I also want to head to my lfs to see what I can find that I might want to ask for for the winter Gift exchange.... I'm thinking of joining in!!! Yay!!!