Tons Of Fry.

Erika

Here's a picture of Hoss from today. Once again, kinda hard to see, and the blue water doesn't help either. :rolleyes:

I want to capture a pic of him where you can see all of his fins, they're all visible!! Even his little arm fins. ;)

post-1817-1101835662.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest martinez14pr

beer belly hoss! LMAO makes me want to go "yeeeeeeeeeeehawwww!" that's probably what he says as he swims back and forth in the tank LOLOL

:D So what's the latest at "Putman's Goldie Ranch? How are Hoss and Little Joe today???? You feeding them pro-gold,huh? Mighty fine grub that Pro-Gold! :yeah::rofl

No you moron, it's the goldfish pellets from goldfishconnection!!! Ya want me to send you some and see if your fish like it? (They will!)

As an update...... Hoss is a bully, I caught him biting another fish and shaking his head back and forth! I was like "AHHHHHH!!!". Little stink. He's a good 3 or 4 times bigger than the rest of em.

But of course, you know me!! =oP I have a calico telescope that is in the process of turning white. That will be the fourth fish of mine that has turned completely white. Every red and white, or calico with a lot of white has turned completely on me. That is my new buying trick heehee.

Jessica

But of course, you know me!!  =oP  I have a calico telescope that is in the process of turning white.  That will be the fourth fish of mine that has turned completely white.  Every red and white, or calico with a lot of white has turned completely on me.  That is my new buying trick heehee.

Jessica

The same thing happens to me all the time. Good thing we :heart white fish.

Erika, how's the bay-bays?

they're doing well, thanks brat. Hoss has some competition though as there's one more fry that's about his size in there. I never noticed that there was 2 huge fish, so apparently, Hoss is 2! The others don't seem to be growing very much. I don't know why. Everyone's healthy, eating well, and it looks like Hoss (the original) is developing some different coloring...... POSSIBLY a blue? He has a very interesting tail too. He's definetly a special little guy. :heart

I still have 20+ fry, but I cull about 1 0r 2 a week, so we'll see what I end up with.

Yeah, it is.....

When fry are born, hatched whatever, many of them have deformaties that will keep them from growing or reaching adulthood. Culling is the term for removing these fry and humanely euthanizing them. It sounds cruel, but it's not if it's done the right way. What's more cruel is letting these fish grow into deformed adults who suffer through life because of their deformaties....... this is my definition of culling anyway. Breeders will take it so far as to cull fry for undesireable characteristics as missing an anal fin, or things that will otherwise not harm the fish at all. I'm not doing that because I'm not trying to raise "show" fish. I'm raising "pets". Most of my adult fish are imperfect, so I wouldn't DREAM of culling the babies for cosmetic reasons.......

:rofl Hoss is too funny!!!!!!It's amazing how much bigger he is from even Spud!! :lol: He looks like he ate Spud for a snack. I'm with Martin on that big head and Buggy eyes!!!! hahahahaha----it really does make him so adorable!!!! :heart

I got bad news..... Hoss is dead. I have no idea what happened either. I went to feed them last night, and I didn't see him anywhere....... then I moved the moss around and he was in it, dead. I don't know if maybe he had some sort of internal deformation that took him or what...... Oh, Paul's gonna be devastated. :cry1

Oh, the trials and tribulations of raising fry. (sigh). :(

Excuse me for cutting in this thread but I have been raising 4 frys myself for about 6 weeks now and like Errrika1979,one of them is just a lot more bigger than the others.I have noticed yesterday that one of my fry's dorsal fin(half of it)is gone and the other one's tailfin is torn also.I'm assuming that they were atttacked by the big fry.Is it possible?Do you have any similar experience raising your frys?Will it be better to separate them?Sorry for all the questions :( desperate for answers.Please help.....thanks!

:cry1 Poor Hoss.......Erika,you're doing your best.....With Hoss being so much bigger,there must have been something going on,ya know? Dont beat yourself up on it....I'm sure Toothy will understand and claim good ole'Spud :heart:hug

Awww man! :crp

Poor little (big) guy! I guess natural selection is at it here. Maybe he had some internal stuff going on that you couldnt see. Either way, I'll be happy with whichever one you decide to send me. ;):heart

So, how many bay-bays (good one heather!) do you think youve got left in there? :huh:

Archived