Finally

eather.hey

Everytime my goldies change color, I'm always bummed cause they're losing their black or blue or brown, ect. Well, a few months ago I purchased 2 baby orandas, we're talking fry, couldn't even fit Pro-gold in their mouths. 1 was a panda, mostly white with a black wen and black fins. The other was a blue. I had to buy these guys their own tank b/c they were too small for my big tank. I fed them tons of Pro-gold to get'em up to size. Well, long story short, I have 2 way different goldies than I started out with! The panda has lost almost all of his/her black. The wen turned yellow and it's body is mostly white, with black on the tips of it's fins. I think I have a nice little lemon head now! And the blue oranda started to get a white patch on it's belly. The patch got bigger and bigger and the blue actually got darker. Now almost it's whole body is white, with a very dark, almost black wen, with black fins. The blue turned into a lovely panda. These babies are still quite small, so who knows what they will eventually turn into. But alas, this is a happy color change. I know, I know, where's the pictures? I'm finally gonna buy a digital camera and come out of the ice age. I did take some with my 35mm, so we'll see if those turn out!

Heather they sound adorable!!! I want pics missy. Hurry with those, before the color changes. Can you imagine an oranda that is white except for a black wen, how cute is he!!!

Erm .... I know this is gonna be a really stupid question ...but I really dont know the answer.

I often wonder when I hear you all talk about your fish changing colour ... is it only the fancy types?

We have three commons .. one is all gold, one is yellowy gold with black markings and one is white with an orange marking on his head. I haven't seen any changes in them at all? Will we, or doesn't it happen to commons?

Archived