Sign in to follow this  
Guest Designer

Female Chasing Male

Guest Designer

hi

My 6" female gold fish is attacking male gold fish sometimes. Is she loving the male :heart or attacking :crp ?

how big is the male? usually the male chases the female so i think maybe she is trying to make herself known in the tank and establishing ranks.

Guest argonaut

Years ago when i used breed goldfish the odd female used chase the males which used to really confuse my ability to tell which sex they were.

i just had a rather confusing experience with a fish that had an outy suggesting it was a female and didnt take part in the breeding but it sprayed milt when i was handspawning so that confused me a bit! :lol:

Guest argonaut

I had a female goldie which had a couple of white tubercules on her gills plates like the males have when they are ready to breed, I thought only males get these? :unsure:

maybe early ich? was it rough?

Guest Designer

yesterday i have given some pieces of dried shrimp. then the male fish start chase the female for few time. Also my small fishes start playing too much when they get shrimp. so try the dried small shrimp pieces. they will enjoy it. (But very small pieces)

Guest PearlscaleFan

Mabye it changed gender. ive heard of marine fish doing this.

Yes, Clown Fish (such as Nemo) are all born female and in the absence of any other males the dominant female will change genders and become male, cool huh!?

Guest Designer

anyway, i replace my male gold fish from the LFS (Which i suspect that, it may be female also even though it has tubercles) with another male goldfish. let us see.