Female Chasing Male

Guest Designer

how big is the male? usually the male chases the female so i think maybe she is trying to make herself known in the tank and establishing ranks.

i just had a rather confusing experience with a fish that had an outy suggesting it was a female and didnt take part in the breeding but it sprayed milt when i was handspawning so that confused me a bit! :lol:

Guest argonaut

I had a female goldie which had a couple of white tubercules on her gills plates like the males have when they are ready to breed, I thought only males get these? :unsure:

Guest Designer

yesterday i have given some pieces of dried shrimp. then the male fish start chase the female for few time. Also my small fishes start playing too much when they get shrimp. so try the dried small shrimp pieces. they will enjoy it. (But very small pieces)

Guest Designer

anyway, i replace my male gold fish from the LFS (Which i suspect that, it may be female also even though it has tubercles) with another male goldfish. let us see.