Gold Fish Breeding

Guest Designer

Guest Designer

hi :D

my gold fishes are chasing for 5 minute and stops. i read that male will chase female around 2 hours before breeding. i have 2 big (5") and 2 small(3.5") fishes. the temperature is 75*F. There is lot of fake plants, but not real. What will be the reason, they are not breeding?

Guest starsmom

Well, the chasing is a start! The chasing is triggered by change in water temperature from cool to warmer. I have heard that it can also have to do with a change in lighting. I think fish normally breed in the spring, when the water gets warmer and the sunlight gets stronger.

Good water quality is part of the equation, and I have heard that feeding a lot of high-protein food will also get them to breed.

My fish bred and had fry when they were about 3" long, I thought they were too young, and to top it off, they were sharing a 10 gallon while my 55 gallon cycled. Now they are much bigger and older, in a much larger tank, they chase a lot, but no more eggs! So, I don't really know if there is a way to make sure that they breed... The only thing I can think of is I was doing water changes every other day because of the small tank. Maybe the water was super perfect?

:goodluck

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Designer

hi guys

after feeding my fishes, my mail fish start to chase the females, only after feeding them, why is it sooo, can anyone help me.

also my two females are ripe, also the male. is it because the time of spawning reached, some one help me

desinger.

fish get very excited at feeding times. my fish used to do this too then stop, but they were very young.

i think you just have to be patient deigner. you cant hurry love you know. :lol:

Guest Designer

thks sandy,

so it is normal that they are getting happy when they get food.

now my male gf start chasing both small and big females (when it get the food) everyday. normaly howmany days/ months it need to breed after chasing?.

designer

Archived