Sign in to follow this  
RichyB

Crooked Loach

My Dojo looks crooked. He looks like he has a dent and his body is crooked.

I know he hides behid the powerhead and other stuff. Do you think he ould of injured himself? Any sugggestions? :(

:bump:

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions :( . Maybe someone else can help you, I am suprised that no one else has posted yet after 2 days :o . Can you post an update on how your fish is doing and can you answer some of the questions in the red box?

Hey Richy

Is he swimming and eating normally, or is he staying in hiding? It's *possible* he's broken his back or hurt himself some other way as you suspect if he isn't moving much. My dojos have banged and bruised themselves a couple of times by climbing around the filter equipment but thankfully not seriously. The little buggers just won't stay out of trouble!

Post back and let us know how he's doing. :)

My oldest Loach has broken his back in three spots hun and I have had him this way for 3 years. They can deal with alot. The best thing to do for him is just make sure the water is good and let him be.

The biggest problems with Dojos is that they like to hide and the biggest spot they like to hide in is a filter intake tube and this is most of there deaths.....When I get the time I will show you a photo of mine for you :D

Hi All I've had connection problems so I could only just get back.

Water is good...I haven't had any problems with that. Plus all the other fish are doing great.

He eats and swims about...his condition hasn't changed for good or bad so maybe he has hurt himself. I'm watching him he hides a little bit but comes out for food, which isn't oo unusual. the bend is no different. I'll just have to keep an eye on him...poor guy.

Thanks for help:)

i hope your dojo is doin ok, richy.

i suppose that ive been lucky with mine. like koko says, they can handle some pretty gnarly situations so yours should be ok as long as hes still eating and active.

BTW, the message board had some problems for a few days and we are all just now able to get back on. im sure thats why there hasnt been any replies in here for a few.

Loach not looking too good. He has red (blood) marks on his body. I think he's p'd off the betta by going into his spot and getting nipped...I just don't know. Thinking about taking the loach out and ending his misery.

Not swimming too much and he has darkened in colour :(

Any thoughts?

Does the red marks look like circles or like a spider web?

Sounds to me either someone picked on him and now has sores or hes got septa.

personallly I would add some salt to the tank 1/4 table spoon per 10 gals of water. And lets see how that makes him feel.

Loachy no better. Now languisihg on the bottom and breathing slow. I think he's had it unfortunately.

Mr Loach died at some point today. I don't know what happened...maybe he critically injured himself or something.