Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Have My New Aquarium!

This is such an easy math equation, but I can't remember how to do it LOL. I guess I could do a search, but if any of you online right now know, fell free to let me know how many gallons my tank is.

The tank is 30" long, 12" wide and 18" tall. I *think* it's a 30 gallon by looking at it.

I have everything for it, but the substrate and the stand.

I found stands for a fairly cheap price, so I'll have to run out and get one. I'm going to be surfing Koko's tonight for inspiration. I need to figure out how I want to decorate it.

I was thinking of doing it with a natural looking style, river rocks and plants.

But I was given all of these fake coral/marine reef ornaments that were bought at big Al's and I feel rude if I don't use them. So I am going to have to go with a funky substrate to match them LOL.

Jessica

29 gallons. BTW... did you know that you can get an iron stand that holds 2 of these tanks nicely, without taking up extra room ?? :rofl That's how I ended up with 2 *giggle*

Where do you get the stands? Any specific brands/companies? I would like one!! I have a 29 gallon and would like to be able to put a 15 or 20 gallon beneath it or even another 29 gallon, lol. :D I love tanks.

Yeah I would like to know too for future reference and usage... can't now have a 3 year old that would love to play in the bottom tank, but good thought for later....

Well, mine came with the tank I bought used, but I have seen them at local stores, nnnnnn, that sort of thing. They make them for 10 gallon tanks too. Just your basic iron tank stand...

You can buy them online too, but might be pricy for shipping. Fer example.. here's one that holds 2 20 gallon highs...

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...3;pcid1=;pcid2=

One hint though, try to go with a shorter tank for the lower level. I eventually took my bottom 29 gallon out because it was too hard to do anything as far as moving decorations, etc since the top tank blocks it. A 29 on top and a 20L on the bottom works nicely, or similar sizes for the different stands. I think someone on here even has a stand that holds two 55 or 75 tanks like this, I just saw it earlier today while browsing the picture gallery.

To know how many gallons your tank is:

Length (ft) x Width (ft) x Height (ft) x 7.5 = gallons

Hope this helps

Example:

My 20 gallon tank

2ft in length x 1ft in width and 1.33ft in height x 7.5 = 20gallons

Enjoy

Guest BellyJack

Um , Im not too good in math.....and this equation is so simple, I KNOW!! :crp

The problem is, if their is a problem, my tank isnt square, it has five walls? (im french, what do you call those in english ?! hahahahha :huh:

ok so here are my mesurements:

3 walls are 23inches long and 12.5 inches wide

2 walls are 23 inches long and 22inches wide

help?! :idont:hmm

Thanks in advance everyone

I use a tank calculator that I have saved in my favourites:

Tank Calculator

I am so bad at maths. I find this one really handy :)

Guest BellyJack

thanks selena, im just not sure this would be a good one for the shape of my tank

remember....it has five "walls"?! lol it is not square.... its like a corner one and at the front it has three windows, sorta going into a stop sign shape?! oh man, im having trouble describing this lol

Here is a picture, you see the three ?!walls?! in the front and there is two in the back, like i said, its a corner aquarium....here is goes

8a6df2fc.jpg

Your calculator might work, I just need to know but for some reason, I think not.

Thanks for your help! :D

Very much appreciated :)

Guest BellyJack

Its about 50 gallons with your calculator....I guess its like a square shape but just the front part, you can take like a chunk off i guess, so I'd say about 40-45 gallons...

ANyway.....I dont think thats gonna change anything in my life hahaha :rofl

But I thought it would be cool to know B)

Thanks again for your help :D