Celestial Eye

Diva

I am absolutely devastated. My wonderful Tuba died today. My tank is fully mature, and I can only assume he had a swim bladder problem. He never seemed to swim midway. Either top or bottom, whereas my other celestial swims midway mostly.

He was so tame and friendly, and would take his food from my hand after me worrying that he may not be at the same advantage as my other telescopic eyed fish when feeding.

I feel so stupid when I say I cried my eyes out, but he was so ###### special. And fish are living things, and deserve the respect, they make fantastic pets, all individuals.

I just hope I didnt do anything wrong. Not greatly experienced, but have been reading up on them constantly.

The tank is free of nitrite and ammonia. I keep the temparature stable at 72, since I read that celestials feel the cold.

I wonder if anyone can tell me anything I may have done wrong.

thanks!!

Hi Diva,

So sorry about Tuba. :cry1 You shouldn't feel stupid for crying about your fish. We love them just like we do our other pets. It's especially hard when they eat from your hand and respond when your at their tank. They really are fantastic pets. I found that out when my foster son brought home a common from a carnival. When I saw what a personality he had and how he acted I was hooked.

I wish I could offer some advice. Doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. There are alot of people on this board who are very experienced and I'm sure someone else can help with that.

My thanks to everyones kind words. Tuba now has a little grave in my garden. I wont ever forget him!! Thankgod I have him on cam corder, and tons of photos of the little man.

Thanks again for such kind words. I am sure I will be back on the grounds of more advice!!!

Awww, Diva :cry1

Don't feel stupid for crying over the death of Tuba. Here at kokos we even cry when someone else loses their fish. It's just such an intricated community that you get to love other peoples fish just as much as you do your own.

I'm so glad you were able to bury the little guy. Loved to see a pic of him sometime. And remember, you were a good mommy to him.

Robyn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Robyn.

I would post a pic of Tuba, But I cannot work out how to do this. JPEGS dont seem to be the correct format. Anyone know how I can do this? Not a great computer brain here!!!!!

:cry1 Diva,so sorry about your loss.As everyone else stated,it sounded like you were doin all the right things,and ya know ,sometimes these things do still happen. The tough part is not knowing why. All you can do is to keep reading/keep learning. As long as you give things your best shot-you can at least know that it was nothing wrong on your part. I still cry about a couple fish I've lost! :rolleyes: Not a thing wrong with loving your animals!!!!! :hug

Archived