Sanil Eggs?

Lozbug

cant edit my other message:

ok it think these are these could be the ones, the eggs sound very similar:

Eggs: Laid below the water surface on the vegetation, packed in a gelatinous clutch. The size of the eggs is about 2 to 3 mm when deposited.

The eggs are visible as small white spots inside the transparant gelatinous mass that surrounds them.

During the development of the little snails, the eggs swell considerable (up to 4 mm). They also become more transparant and the little snails become visible as little spots attached at the inside wall of each egg.

http://www.applesnail.net/ (Marisa cornuarietis)

I only found 1 bigish snail (about 1.5cm) he had dark brow shell. all the others were tiny (like 1 - 3mm)

i took all i could see out, like reccomended, as i dunno what they were it was best.

dunno if the fishes do, anyone else know?

ta

also did water change, fish all still alive this morning, thanks sandy,pea.

Guest podded_pea

Chicky :)

It's still hard to see in the pics, but if each of those "blobs" are made up of lots of smaller "blobs" ( like minature clear frog spawn looking stuff) then its snail eggs, the consistancy looks right to me, its just a little hazy to say exactly... I think if snails came in with the new plant, and you aint had these globules before its even more likely....Remember its nothing to panic about! ;) Just remove them as you see them if you dont want snails in the tank...

Glad all the fishies were ok this morning! :D

cheers gals,

they are clear solid-ish gel, with tint white specs on... got rid of what i could see, just got home for lunch and fish are fine... shall test water again tonight.

ta again. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

OK you have common pond snails, I think.my snails look just like(the first pic. not the second)that and my eggs look just like that, too. they'er the pest type, but I keep them for fun. the snails/eggs shouldn't hurt your fish, but they'll breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed and breed..........it just goes on and on LOL!!!!! :rofl if you don't want them you can either scrape the eggs off of the glass with a credit card and throw them away(also if you see the adults take them out too),but if you want to keep them you can put the eggs and the adults in a bowl or another tank as all the droppings tend to make the ammonia go up(only in large numbers though three or four should be ok with your fish) ;) and if your keeping them they'll grow a bit bigger too. TTFN(Ta Ta For Now)

Archived