Aquarium Dimensions?

David Dude

quick question all :) , what are the tank dimensions for a 60 gal, a 70 gal, a 80 gal, a 90 gal, and a 100 gal. I just wanted to know because I have 200$ right now that I've saved up for a 50 gal. Here is the amount of space I have in my room: 6ft long, 2 ft wide, and between 6 and 7 ft. tall. I want to get a tank that uses up all that room.....One more question, for those of you with 50-100 gal. aquariums, can you put a 10 gal. quarentine tank inside the stand?

Thank you very much! :heart

I have a 130 gallon tank that can fit in that space, so I'm guessing that 100 gallon one can fit in as well. a 10 gallon tank can easily fit under my stand, though I guess that would depend on the stand you bought.

Wow! :rolleyes: Can I really go that big? I was just asking this because I have 200$ for buying the stand, How much did the aquarium and stand cost you? So a 10 gal. can easily fit in your stand, what's the biggest tank you can put inside your stand? At my vvvv they sell the stands but I have no idea if you can put the smaller tank inside because they come in boxes and you have to put the stand togethor.

Thank you! :)

Guest Ceridwen

A 75g tank is 4ft long, 18 inches deep and 20 inches high. A 90 is the same footprint but taller. Most stands are only ~30 inches high.

My 75g tank cost 190ish with tax, I had the stand custom made and my dad gave it to me as a birthday present so I can't really tell you how much it was, but the cheapest decent looking stand I came across in my searching was 120 dollars w/o tax. Larger will be more expensive.

Keep in mind weight (you don't want to mess up your floor) when going very large, most floors can handle up to a 75g w/o worry but if you start getting huge you may want to get things checked to be sure you are good for that much weight. Also keep in mind the other costs of a larger tank like filtration and substrate (which depending what you want to use can be signifigant).

If you can afford to go bigger though, go for it, the fish and you will both be happy.

As far as what size tank you can fit inside a big stand, it will depend on how the stand is designed. If you want to put a filled QT inside the stand, it will need to have a shelf designed to bear that kind of weight, which most are not. Double stands are usually only designed to bear weight on the bottom shelf if it is another tank with the same footprint as the tank on top.

:devilangel being only 13 you have to try to keep in mind that you will be moving . a 180 gallon tank is 72*24*24. the larger the tank generally the more forgiving they are to water quality,and temp. the changes happen slower. but you can tie up time on saturday doing water changes. 6 to 7 feet tall that is a deep tank at 10 pounds per gallon that can put a hole in a floor. how would you do a water change and get the poop off the tank floor. you may want to go to glasscages.com they have prices and sizes on a large quanity of tanks. you may want to think about is a few smaller tanks. 55 or 75 gallon tanks. somthing you can carry by yourself for when you go off to school. a 180 tank made of glass is a hard for two grown men to carry, a acrylic tank is much lighter but you need at least two men just because it's 6 feet long. dont forget the tank, stand, filters, water conditioners, food. these are all needed prior to getting any fish. go to school get a good job and you can get the monster tank, but it may not be the best time to this now. :thumbup :goldfish

Hmmm... yes, I see your point. I think I will buy a 75-100 gal. tank, the good thing is I can buy everything slowly, and I don't have to worry about filtration that much because I have 3 penguin 330's already in the tub's that are holding my fish right now(each tub has a 330). I've also been thinking of buying a 100 gal. stand with only a 75 gal. on it, this way I could have more space(i.e. for 10 gal.quarentine)on the top of the stand in case I can't put the 10 gal. inside of it. Oh, and I won't be planning on buying more fishes either, I think I'm fine with the ones I have now(look at my signature). I'll be putting the 5 fish I have in the main tank, and than the beta in the 10 gal. :)

Guest Ceridwen

You can't just buy a 100g stand and then put a 75g and 10g tank on the top part, they aren't made to support the weight in that way. You are better off just getting a 75g tank and stand, then putting a 10g on a 10g stand at the end (since with a 75g tank you should have space still in your room). You can even get a double stand that will support two ten gallons if you want for like 30 bucks at nnnnnn. Then the betta can have a ten gallon and you still have a QT tank.

Archived