Payback's A *#!*#!

Devs

Well,back around April/May,I bought 2 Apple Snails for myself,and one for my daughter.They all came home with us at about the same size. I have planted tanks,but I wasn't really concerned at the time,you see. :rolleyes: I found out rather quickly that I was a fool to put an Apple Snail in a planted tank!!!! I had one snail that stripped my Angelfish tank completely down to a planted tank of "sticks". It kind of reminded me of when Mt. St. Helen blew up a couple years ago,and how all the trees looked like sticks.Well anyway,I dubbed the snail"Chewbacka",and tried to live with it.Chewbacka had an appetite for destruction-that's for sure,and there wasn't a tank in the house that could handle his fury when it came to meal time-!By then,he had tripled in size compared to the two other's,and I was secretly calling him the "Beast Master"!!!! My daughter had a 75gal goldie tank,so I knew she didn't really have too many real plants in her tank,and I kind of /sort of talked her into adopting them both!!hee-hee.....Well,she's had them for a couple months,and with scorn in her eyes has told me on more than one occasion,that there is no plant safe in Chewbacka's tank!!! I remembered a day that I cut a 2 1/2 in piece of zucchinni,and this darn snail had his mouth wrapped :exactly entirely around that food with no problems what so ever.... :blink: Every time I would hear her bring "the subject"up,I would quickly change the subject-I kept picturing having to take the darn snail back :yikes Well, things got to be good until just recently when Erika brought up the subject of her snail "Naughty"....I was teasing Erika in a post about Naughty,and my daughter read it and was slightly annoyed...She thought Chewbacka was the "Brunt" of my joke,and was not amused at all...Anyway-just recently my daughter found out that Chewbacka was a girl because she laid thousands of bright pink eggs all over the top of her tank. All I could think was bright pink eggs-how cool is that? Last nite,she picks me up to run to the local mmm,and she has a margarine container with a clutch of these snail eggs for me to check out.They were awesome!!!! We're driving,I'm checking them out/asking how all her eggs are doing etc. and she begins to tell me not so good-that they keep drying out-blah-blah,etc. So,we did what we had to do-she goes to drop me off,and I tell her that I'll put these snail eggs in my house.Heck,with all the aquariums I have-humidity is not a problem!!!! Now that I have time to think about it all,I'm thinking that she pulled a fast one on me.She knows how curious I am.She knows that I hate seeing anything die.So last nite I'm remembering her words telling me that the eggs she brought were one of the small clutches-then it all dawns on me-I go running to the little butter container,and realize that there's looking to be a hundred or more eggs.......PayBack!!!!! She got me good........Do you really think when I tell her that I managed to get them to hatch that she's really going to take them back from me??????Oh,she was wickedly sly on her eye for an eye revenge... I could just picture the evil laugh coming out of her as I closed her car door and walked away. I could picture her rubbing her hands together,and saying "I'll get you my pretty"....... :rofl And I blame Erika and Naughty for all of this!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhhh.....the children do come back to haunt us, do they not? :rofl

When she has kids, feed 'em caffine and sugar, buy them a drum set and sent 'em home......

Snails - whew - I am having enough problems with "Monster" my algae eater stripping plants! The snails sound even worse! :yikes

Pink eggs sounds so harmlessly charming, though..... ;)

:rolleyes: The pink eggs really are cool looking!!! My goldies have just started eating my plants-especially Cabomba,and swords. Chewbacka didn't care what kind of plant it was.He'd try anything once....Of course" once" is all that he would need-then the plant would be history!!!! :rofl I do have to say that through the years,I've turned up with other snails off of plants,etc...and the worse snails have to be the Ram's horn! At least I think that's what they are. I have been battleing them for months-and it still looks like there is a "gazillion" in my tank!! :crp You can see them all thru the gravel,and when you turn the lights out at night,they start climbing out of everywhere they can possibly hide-it's awful!!!!!! Daryl, you were hilarious with your" payback to your kids" idea!!! :rofl My daughter isn't ready for kids except her spoiled Lab-Seamus,and her newly saved orphan kitten that has allready cost her a bundle!! Of course I can purchase loud obnoxious squeaky dog toys,and eventually grow some Cat-Nip to make her kitty crazy!!! :ignore Did I say that out loud?????

Oh that is priceless. Yes payback....it's a wonderful thing!

And just so you know Erika has pink and blue all over both fish tanks at the moment too!

:rofl Lach.....You didn't !!!!! :o Did the "Dreaded fish lips" show up at her house too? :rofl3 Pink and blue????What is going on with Naughty-she did find some sucker :ignore to take her right? Does she still have eggs in her tank????Hmm...the fall give-away is coming soon.... :yeah:

What the22??? I come here to check stuff out and I find you GOSSIPING?? you evil woman. I have pink and blue, cuz my fish had babies!! Don't ask who dad is, I have no idea. Mom is Miranda the Oranda, a "special" fish that isn't really an oranda... she never got a wen, and she's homley. Oh well, I love her anyway.

Naughty is gone, a friend of Phoenixx took her in and i mailed her a total of 16 babies too. (All of em!). They all live in a 100 gallon tank with lots of other apple snails, a red eared slider, lots plants (well......... prolly not anymore!) and driftwood for climbing. I was sad to mail her like that, even though she made me CRAZY!! I guess I was just worried about her, but she made the trip to Louisiana just fine, and within 5 minutes of being in the new tank, came out and was climbing around. Then a few days later, I get an email saying "Did Naughty breed with anyone in your tank, cuz she's laying eggs again!!" Nope, she musta just had more sperm stored up. :rolleyes: Darn crazy snails. I do kinda miss her sometimes, but I enjoy having a planted tank.

Well, jeez. Don't worry...for every batch of eggs that seem to dry out, Chewy lays another clutch. Just layed a fresh one tonight!!! If all of these eggs surrvived, I could give every Koko's member about 110 a piece.

And guess what else. I have had a moss ball and anacaris in my tank for what like, 3 weeks now. My snails are so spoiled on carrots, lettuce, progold, watermelon, celery, blood worms and grapes that they don't even touch my plants. :P My snails are "trained" to come up to the top of the tank and eat bloodworms and brine shrimp out of a dropper. They open their discusting mouths and I hand feed them (much like that orphan kitten, except I don't have to wipe their butts!) Their taste's are much too refined for aquarium plants now. In fact, their varied diet is what caused them to breed in the first place...

hmmm....makes me wonder....more eggs=more plants but no eggs=no plants.

What a cycle.

OH, and Seamus, the destroyer of all squeaky toys, refuses to destroy the Rhino with the most annoying speak ever that grandma got him last Christmas. It's kinda like Christmas all over again everytime he finds that toy from where ever I hid it.

I'm not sure how to end this, but I think I'll say, "Erika, this is all Naughty's fault!"

Next time, buy me an algae eater. :rofl2

:peeka:rofl3 Hey!!!! Did I hear Moss Ball??????What happened to mine???? Did "Chewy" DEVOUR it? :tomuch: I am very impressed that you taught your snails to "dine" at the top of the tank!!! LOL!!! I feel really bad that they didn't have a more balanced diet in the past,and yet here I sit with plants!!!! Well some anyway! Seamus knows a good thing when he hears it!!! I heard that Grandma has a matching girl rhino for this xmas!!! I say we work as a team.....You keep feeding the beast---I'll keep growing the plants for the two of us,----We'll start an E-bay Store-----"Snails R' Us,---and all extra's we'll mail to all the member's on koko's!!!!!!!!!! And lastly to Erika.....It really is all "Naughty's " fault!!!! :crazy: P.S. An algae eater???????????????? You mean you don't want 3 of those baby albino bristlenose pleco's that allready know where you live???? :ignore

"The Slimy Gang" :feedme:tomuch: Actually, I don't think I'd like seeing that size of snail come to the top of the tank,and open it's mouth to eat anything!!! He had a big mouth when I had him,so I can imagine what it looks like now!!!!(Huge,Disgusting ,and Gross)! :yikes

Ok now this thread is too funny. Amazing what you miss when you don't check in a certain forum.

I finally get it "Chewbaca", man I'm out of it lately.

And Sharon, I didn't know that Heather is your daughter. HOw wonderful.

:o Good lord I can't sleep as it is!!!!! What if that slimey monster returns to get me???? :yikes:wall Yes Laurie, Heather is my daughter---now everyone knows because of Erika and Naughty!!!!(I was never allowed to tell) :ignore:rofl3

Oh man, I so didn't need to hear about killer snails. I have never been fond of snails, but picturing a devouring monster of one, gives me the chills. I'm with Sharon, I have to sleep and now I have that thing in my mind.

I think it is cool, Heather being your daughter. I never connected the 2 either. Hmmmm, sneaky little things aren't you both. :peeka;)

Archived