Black Is Back

eather.hey

You may remember awhile back I talked about my calico oranda (who looked like the one above by Jsrtist) was loosing all his black and even a lot of his orange coloring. My guess was that he was going to turn into more of a red cap than a calico. I was feeding a wide variety of store bought food along with frozen bloodworms and brine, and veggies. Recently I switched to Progold as my main dry food. Low and behold, my calico's black stripes and spots are returning! I really don't think this is a coinkydink. I'm not trying to endorse the product or anything, but I really think it may have something to do with it. I could be totally off, but who knows. Did anyone else have any experiences like this? I?ve also noticed a big growth spurt which is the reason I decided to try Progold after all. Pretty cool? ;)

hmmm. very interesting turn of events there. ive got a calico fish (shubunkin) that i would hate to see turn into a less colorful fish. if i ever notice her colors fading, ill definitely give pro-gold a try. ;)

thanks for the tip! :D

paul

I've heard many many MANY good reports about ProGold. When I finish the flake food I'm on (I soak it before it goes in) I'm going to buy some sinking pellets of theirs to try it out. Oh and one of my fantails turned out to be a ryukin! So that's all the more reason!

Robyn

I have noticed this with Progold. I have 2 blue orandas and my male is signifigantly darker than the female, but when I feed the Progold she darkens right up and his color is more vibrant. I experimented and know for sure that it was the Progold doing this.

I put it along the lines of dog food. When you feed something like Iams or Eukanuba the coat is more shiney and vibrant and when you feed an off brand it isn't.

Archived