Anacharis Plant

David Dude

Hi I have a plant called anacharis that I had bought from vvvv and it looked very pretty when I bought it but then my goldies began to eat it. I put them in bowls thinking it would grow more and look lush again. I use tank water that is clean with no ammonia or nitrite, and I also put it where the sun hines on them all day. Is there anything else I need to know for them to grow better? :yeah:

I have used Seachem Flourish for over a year now and my plants are doing great. Whichever you purchase, look for one that does not have nitrogen or phosphorus because there is plenty of these nutrients in fish waste and an excess of them would cause algae blooms

Some people use old tank water to give them nitrates. It is food to plants. You also want to move the water some, or it will stagnate. I have a plant tank myself. Light, nitrates and water movements is what I'm going with. The anachris does tend to grow very quickly, especially with fish waste feeding them. :goodluck

I just recently got some anacharis for my oranda tank, and it grows very quickly. Its easily doubled in length in a couple weeks. My fish fortunately don't eat it (knock on wood!) or at least not yet. My orandas are pretty good about leaving my plants alone though. :) I use SeaChem's Flourish Excel and Flourish Tabs to fertilize my plants. I like SeaChem's fertilizers.

Archived