Sign in to follow this  
Guest bagoegg

Help Me Figure This Out, Please!

Guest bagoegg

Me and my wife woke up this morning to an odd sight. We have a 55G and a 42G. At the moment we have all our fish in our 55 because we had to wait for the 42 to cycle. Anyways, this morning one of our bigger shubunkins (6in) was chacing our big lionhead (4in) around the tank, pushing her into walls and the rocks. So instinctively we decided to get her out and in the 42 for time being. We scooped her up and in the net after we put in her a plastic container to transport her was a bunch of eggs! So we got her and the shubunkin in a 5 cause thats all we had and they went at it for a couple hours. So after calling a couple pet stores about if it was even possible for these two to breed, we never got a straight answer. Can these two species breed??? Thank you in advance for you help!!!

Me and my wife woke up this morning to an odd sight. We have a 55G and a 42G. At the moment we have all our fish in our 55 because we had to wait for the 42 to cycle. Anyways, this morning one of our bigger shubunkins (6in) was chacing our big lionhead (4in) around the tank, pushing her into walls and the rocks. So instinctively we decided to get her out and in the 42 for time being. We scooped her up and in the net after we put in her a plastic container to transport her was a bunch of eggs! So we got her and the shubunkin in a 5 cause thats all we had and they went at it for a couple hours. So after calling a couple pet stores about if it was even possible for these two to breed, we never got a straight answer. Can these two species breed??? Thank you in advance for you help!!!

Don't worry, all goldfish are able to breed togethor :lol:

yeah, i just bred a pearlscale with a shub, the results are amaizing!

My male comet didn't even have any second thoughts chasing after a much bigger koi in the pond.... :lol:

Guest bagoegg

I am so happy. The eggs got little things moving inside them. I am so curious as to what they are going to look like. Should call them Lionbunkins or something. Thanks for those who helped me!!

Lionbunkins!! :rofl There you go, a new breed! :lol:

Guest Bleifeld

I had a common Goldfish breed to by subukin fantail and had 4-5 litters over about 6 weeks. I had quite a few not make it but now I have about 40 young gold fish. None of them look like either of the parents but all are just amazingly unique. Some faintail some not but would not trade them for the world.

Guest bagoegg

We have about 75 or so little guys swimming around. I want them to grow so I can see what they will look like! Ahh the joys of parenthood! :blink: