Weaning Fry Onto Solid Foods

Guest adampaul

Guest adampaul

Can anyone give me any tips on weaning fry onto solid foods please? I'm having lots of fun watching them picking up the flakes and what not and then spitting them out. How has everyone else managed with this?

Cheers

i usually give them a mixture of the baby brine shrimp and other live foods and crushed, soaked pellets and gradually reduce the amount of live food. if theyre hungry enough, theyll eat it. seems to have gone down pretty well with mine :)

Guest adampaul

Thanx blinky, i can usually count on you :D ill give some more time and see how they go on, hopefully they take it soon. Ive just seperated the fry into 2 sections, ones that arent growing to well, and ones are that growing really well. Im going to continue to feed the little ones a full diet of live foods, and slowly reduce the live on the others.

Thanx again

Edited by adampaul

Guest adampaul

They always been fed flakes, since they were about 1 week old.

I did a test today, i had to go out today, i fed them in the morning and hadnt fed them in the afternoon as i couldnt be here. Well ive just got back and fed them flakes and they apear to be eating it, or at least theyre more interested in it than they where before, so it appears they will eat it if forced to do so.

Im gonna give them about 40 mins and ill pop some live foods in to make sure there getting enough food.

Thanx for your info though.

• 2 weeks later...