Lettuce

bubblegoose

I've tried feeding my fish lettuce a couple times, but none of them seem to really enjoy it. One fish won't even touch it, and the others will chew it, but spit it out eventually. One fish though did manage to eat a piece, but then the next day I noticed a huge, wierd shaped poo coming out of him, which turned out to be a seemingly undigested piece of lettuce. Am I just giving them pieces that are too big? I've tried tiny pieces, but they seem to just ignore them. I tried blanching the lettuce last time, but this didn't seem to help at all. Any suggestions? Or should I just give up on lettuce and try a new veggie?

i tried romaine with my goldfish too, and he didn't like it at all. i blanched it first and everything. but i found mine did loooove cantaloupe. so maybe it's a preference thing.

like, bettas are supposed to go nuts over bloodworms, and every other betta i've had loved them. but my current betta, mr. fabulous, isn't the least bit impressed. he won't eat anything but his betta bits. in fact, when i try to feed him bloodworms, he actually seems to be giving me a dirty look, and then goes and sulks.

they're all individuals, with likes and dislikes, and it could just be that yours doesn't like salad. :)

my fishes didnt care for the lettuce, and werent impressed by spinich either. they dig brocolli, if i cut it small enough, and they go wild over melon, peas, and greenbeans. i also give them krill as a treat, and when im over the tank crushing it up for them, one of my fish seems to be trying to get out of the water and snatch it out of my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived