Rubbermaid Tubs

David Dude

Last week I went to my petmart to see what fish they had and I bought 1 more goldfish, a moor as some of you already read my rare goldfish post. So now I'm over stocked and my parents dont want so many tanks lying around the house. And now I have to sell away all the tanks I have (one 40 gal, two 10 gals, and one 5 gal.) to buy a new 55 gal. in about 6 months. I even have to sell my danios, white clouds, and 3 female bettas away. I will only be left with 6 fish, my two 4in. orandas, one 4in. common, one 3in. ryukin, and one 3in. moor. My parents said I have to put them in rubber maids if I want to keep them until the 6 months are over. My question is will three 26 gal. rubber maids be able to keep my goldfish and betta for 6 months with a penguin 170 in each? Will they grow out of the rubbermaids in the 6 month time(3 days after christmas vacation). Will the rubber maids need covors

I personaly find that you should keep the 5 gallon or one of the 10

gallons to put the female bettas in.

And i would go bigger for the rubbermaid container though...

it should be alright with lots of filtration and water changes... and also

What rubermaid containers are you talking about

the ones at nnnnnn like the storage bins?

I personaly find that you should keep the 5 gallon or one of the 10

gallons to put the female bettas in.

And i would go bigger for the rubbermaid container though...

it should be alright with lots of filtration and water changes... and also

What rubermaid containers are you talking about

the ones at nnnnnn like the storage bins?

Yes, I am talking about storage bins but I'm going to buy them at Longs for $5.00

I also was planing on doing this anything bigger thena 30 gallon i say would bow out so if you want bigger make a frame or something to hold it up... anyway good luck :)

I 'm getting 26 gals so I don't think they will bow out, but will the fish be okay in there for the six months :( The fish will have 13 gals. each

I also was planing on doing this anything bigger thena 30 gallon i say would bow out so if you want bigger make a frame or something to hold it up... anyway good luck :)

I 'm getting 26 gals so I don't think they will bow out, but will the fish be okay in there for the six months :( The fish will have 13 gals. each

Also the tubs where I plan to put them in will have no sort of cover, is this needed?

Thanks for your help :)

Rats. I can't find the tip of the month here at Koko's that discussed using bungee cords to brace the tops of large Rubbermaid tubs.

I remembered the post because my 18gal tub bows out and feels unstable when filled to the top. I also worry that a fish could jump out. I usually fill it to just 10gal, but next time I need to put more than 1 fish in quarantine, I'll find some bungee cords so I can fill the tub up.

Does anybody else remember where the post about the bungee cords is stored?

Caroline in San Jose

Rats. I can't find the tip of the month here at Koko's that discussed using bungee cords to brace the tops of large Rubbermaid tubs.

I remembered the post because my 18gal tub bows out and feels unstable when filled to the top. I also worry that a fish could jump out. I usually fill it to just 10gal, but next time I need to put more than 1 fish in quarantine, I'll find some bungee cords so I can fill the tub up.

Caroline in San Jose

Well I guess I haven't been here long enough to know about it so, no I don't know where it's at :idont

Caroline in San Jose

Well I guess I haven't been here long enough to know about it so, no I don't know where it's at :idont

It's listed under the tip of the month towards the end of the first page.

Archived