Sign in to follow this  
Guest burnsie

Diy Tank

Guest burnsie

Hi,

Sorry if this posting is in the wrong place but as a newbie I can't access the DIY section.

My husband is now taking on my fishy addiction & thought that it would be a great idea to have a large tank set into the wall of our new house.

He seems to think it would be very easy to make our own tank using acrylic or glass.

I am curious to know if anyone has attempted this before & how sucessful it was.

I suppose we must take into consideration the tank being able to safely hold the weight of water & a fish safe glue.

P.S - thanks to all the advice I have picked up on this forum we have 4 very happy goldies :D

Guest burnsie

Thanks Koko,

That's great. I think it will be a new project for when we move house!

Guest Shubunkin Queen

I wouldn't mind having a crack at making one myself. Would need my dads help of course. :rolleyes:

Koko beat me to it, but I have built and refurbished quite a few. I would also recommend the GARF website (www.garf.org), they have a page under the DIY pages for Tank Building that will tell you what thinkness of glass you need for the aquarium.

So if you're going to do something custom-sized to fit, I would check the page out. The plans for tank construction are simple -and- useful.