Fry Tip

blinky000

well, when i was treating my fry for fukes i used salt at a 0.3% concentration and i put some freshly hatched brine shrimp in there with them. now usually they die within 2 hours but these ones have been in there with them for about 3 days and theyre still alive! as some of you know, salt at a small percentage in the tank with the adult fish helps them breath better etc so i was thinking maybe if you kept the low percentage of salt in with the fry on a perminant basis, it would help them to breath, kill any flukes, fungus or ich and keep their food alive! its a win/win situation! or if not permiantly, if you are going away for a few days, add some salt then at 0.3% and it would keep them healthy and fed without spoiling the water while you are away. its working for me so far, and thats really saying something. salt and fry has been quite a breakthrough for me since i have had various fungus and fluke problems in the past and this will definately help to not spoil the water so fast. please tell me if anyone has found adverse effects to salt with their baby fish etc as i would really like to know!

So happy that your fry are doing so well, Amy! Salt surely is an all time, all around thing to have in the house, thats for sure!.....

And the genius of plopping in the brine shrimp!! Your fish should grow even faster and rounder now, with the constant food supply to nibble on.

Thats the theory of keeping fry in ponds rather than in tanks, because there is so much more natural food available for fry all day long, instead of daily feedings, even if they are 5-6 a day.....

Thats great!

Archived