Help Help Haaalp!

Athena

When I was vacuuming my betta's two gallon tank I think I hit him. Now he's very inactive. What can I do to help him? Should I add salt? Help! :please

you think you hit him? or do you know for sure that you done it? I think he is just shook up a bit, that happened to me when i left the lid to my betta tank fell in, I would say give him time to get back to normal and see how tihings go without the salt they sometimes bounce back.. When you look at him do you see any bumps, sores, or anything like that?

Just keep an eye on him, he should be fine.. If you have anymore questions just ask around the board, im sure one of use will help you.

Happend to me aswell,well not the exact samething... when i was cleaning the tank with the vaccum i didn't know he swimed into it until i saw him in the tube i was really scared he was kinda down for awhile but after a day or two he was back to normal....

:( i hope you bettas alright im sure he will be alright.

Nothing on him. He just looks paler and is hanging around the top of the tank.

Thats good that there are no marks/sores on his body, I just think he got a little shook up in all this, I would just watch him closely and see how things go from there.

I would visit Betta Talk This is a chart that has the sign of a healthy betta and a sickly betta.. I would keep an eye on him, and see if he does any of the following: Does not eat at all or eats reluctantly and may spit out his food, Is not active. May lay at the bottom and come up only for air, or may stay at the surface in a corner, & Darts and purposely runs into anything he can (gravel, rocks, etc) in an effort to scratch itself.

of course there is alot more info found on the charts of a betta, but that was just a few to get you started.. I would take some time, and go through the betta talk site- they are really helpful when it comes to betta health/care..

EDIT: just because your betta may show some of the signs of a sick betta that they have listed within that chart, it doesn not mean your betta is sick.. I honestly think its just because hes shook up.. if he was fine up until that happened. But like i said you never can be too careful.

I hope this helps, if you have any other problems/concerns about your little guys health and happiness just let one of us know and we will do our best to help you further.

Actually, upon closer inspection I see that my poor betta's left front fin is half gone. :crp

hmmm... I would think then he would maybe need to be treated with some meds to try and repair his fin.. I would say bettafix or something, but im not 100% on this.. a little help here guys please??

He's gone... :cry1 I just keep feeling like it's all my fault. Oh, I feel awful. He was my little fighter, lived through everything and then I hurt him. :crp

oh no im am so sorry to hear about your betta.. :cry1 you should blame yourself, you did nothing wrong.. things like that sometimes happen.. I sure hope things get better for you.. its always hard when losing a pet. Again i am sorry for your loss! :hug

:cry1 Athena-I'm so sorry....It was an accident on your part. My daughter lost one of her goldies because she syphoned it up accidently. She will never let that happen again. Don't feel guilty-just learn.....I hope you feel better soon. :hug

Athena, I'm so sorry. :(

It was an accident that could have happened to anyone though - you didn't mean to do it and you weren't doing anything wrong. He just got in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Feel better soon hun. :hug

:( Oh, I am so so sorry Athena. Do not feel guilty or think that it was your fault - you didn't mean to it, I know you didn't. You were very good to your betta. Probably you will never do hit your fish while siphoning again... :(

Guest ronbella

Athena, my heart goes out to you. Remember, he went under the Rainbow Bridge and now he's in a place when he's all better and happy, tho he's waiting for the day you will be united. You know I really look forward to the day when I'll be united with all my little dear ones, fin, feather and fur, how happy we'll all be.

Archived