Do Snails Need Liquid Calcium?

Athena

They do need calcium, and for now (haven't been able to locate liquid calcium yet) I ordered calcium fortifeit snail food from online from Petbakery.com.

Its all natural ingredients, with added calcium for the shell development. My snails love it, and munch it down eagerly!... :)

Guest starsmom

Yup! I've got some snail biscuits on order too! :)

I filter my water over crushed coral, because of very low kh, and I haven't had any problems with my snail's shell. But I still bought him the biscuits!

Laura

Its a site called http://www.mariastuff.com/PetBakery/ and a very nice lady named Maria. She makes all those yummy treats herself, and sells some nice snails as well.... :)

Thank you :lol: First I'm going to try making my own though!

Snail veggie cookies

6 small milkbones

10 - 20 Alage wafers

2 scoop coral calcium Human grade.

2 tablesppons pellet <brine shrimp>

1/2 teasoon veggie flake

Snail Banana cookies

6 small milkbones

2 scoop coral calcium Human grade.

1/2 cup crushed dried banna slices.

Make small balls like cookes and depress with fork

Bake 320 for 10 minutes.

makes one cookie tray

This recipe has been designed for apple snails but will work for just about any freshwater snail.

Ingredients

8 oz Chicken livers

4 oz Lean fresh white fish meat

2 oz Cuttlefish bone powder

Directions

Boil chicken livers in 3 cups water for 15 minutes. Drain water and let livers dry and cool for about 15 minutes. Add all ingredients to a food processor or food grinder and puree into as fine of a paste as you can. If cutlefish bone is not available, oyster shell flour can be used. The high calcium suppliments are great for the snails shells. The mixture can now be frozen of dehydrated in a food dehydrator for storage

Got this all off of: http://applesnail.net/

Archived