Need Python Cleaning Tip

I just noticed today that my python looks like there is mold or something growing inside the hose. I always try to get all the water out, but now there's something gray growing in there. Any ideas for getting that out? It's a 50 foot one, so I'm not real excited about having to replace it. I don't want to use it if there's mold. I'm going to try to flush it out with water, but I'm worried that some spores will remain.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!

:flowers

Guest starsmom

You could try some potassium permagenate (jungle clear water) mixed with water. Let it sit in the tubes. Or pour boiling water through, maybe do that first, to loosen up the gunk? You could use a light bleach solution but that would be a problem with getting the bleach out possibly, although I suppose you could just run tap water through it for a while.

Hope this helps!

Laura

How about filling tub,sink etc. with just enough hot water to cover python,and then adding white vinegar to water? Vinegar is pretty inexpensive,and I use it for alot of cleaning.Just let python soak for a while in water/vinegar solution-I think it would come clean. JMO....... :D (And then refill tub with clean water to rinse python out well)

How about filling tub,sink etc. with just enough hot water to cover python,and then adding white vinegar to water? Vinegar is pretty inexpensive,and I use it for alot of cleaning.Just let python soak for a while in water/vinegar solution-I think it would come clean. JMO....... :D (And then refill tub with clean water to rinse python out well)

It's 50 feet long, I'm not even sure if it would fill up that way, without forcing water thru, plus there are a lot of kinks in the hose that won't straighten out.

I'm probably gonna try to just flush tap water thru it and out let it run on my deck. I have crappy water pressure though so we'll have to see how that works...

You can decide if this would work or no, I'm trying to think how to do it with a 50 ft python and not a 10 ft sypoon..but it has worked for me, so

Fill the bathtub (biggest thing I can think of) with water, and add 2-3 gallons of bleach. Let your python "vaccume" that until gone, then flush back through. I'd then dmpty the tub, fill it, vaccume again, the put the drain up and flush untill the chlorine is gone. You may want to put a LOT of dechlor in some water, and run it through. Worth a try, anyway.

Archived