I Want To Breed My Goldfish

David Dude

any type of fish can quite successfully have babes with another breed of fish. i have a shubunkin at the moment breeding with an oranda. here is the link to an article i made about triggering spawning etc.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/spawninggoldfish.html

just a question before you go ahead with breeding, how big is the tank they are in?

What size tank(s) do you have?

Ok, I have 2 ten gals. for the four fish to breed in, I have 1 five gal. for the eggs, and 2 fifty gal. tubs for the fry. Is this enough space or should I consider getting more tubs? Oh! and 1 more question, If the blue orandas mated with the other 2 females(ryukin & common)what would some of the off spring look like(more blue orandas, blue commons :rofl ..........)

maybe a blue ryukin! that would be interesting! you can never tell what theyre all going to look like. with the fry, only have the water level at below 6 inches for the first month or so as the weight of the water could crush the fry. the rule of thumb is 10 gals per fish. commons need a minimum of 15 really. maybe it would be better to have them in the tub while they breed (it can get a bit heated at times) and put the fry in the 10 gal. good luck!

Archived