Mini Reef

Mr. TD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • Admin

Thanks guys right now Im having a problem with hair algae but It should be under control and i will get some more photos soon :D

• Admin

Tank is great just alittle bit of hair algae in there but working on getting rid of that. I havent gotten photos since my problems of my back started but once Im back to normal I will hun.... :D

• 3 months later...

This is Anics lil`sis what :exactly is live sand and what does it do besides grow.

normally I'm so stupid I keep my mouth shut when I don't get things on this web site and is a fiji rock a normal rock?

From Olivia or TripleF

This is Anics lil`sis what  :exactly is live sand and what does it do besides grow.

normally I'm so stupid I keep my mouth shut when I don't get things on this web site and is a fiji rock a normal rock?

From Olivia or TripleF

435785[/snapback]

Hey, don't feel bad. I'm wondering the same thing. I've heard of live rock before but not live sand...interesting...

Fiji rock is "live rock" this means the rock has living organisms on it which help amongst other things to filter your water,

you can even get man made live rock (I have this) which is put into the sea for a couple of years so things grow on it then its replaced :)

As for live sand basicaly its sand with the organisms mentioned above but you are less likely to bring into your tank something unwanted,

A wise person once said "a person who doesn't know and asks a question is a fool for two minutes but a person who doesn't know and doesn't ask is a fool for life" have always been fond of that and if you look at the first few page's of this topic you will see that i asked TD a very similar question :D

Archived