Mini Reef

Mr. TD

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D WOW!!!!!!!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!! :heart:heart The colors/textures combined among the wildlife-stunning...... :heart Koko,I don't know if it's you or hubby,but someone definately has some creative ,talented,sides to them! A good job would be designing set-ups-you'vee missed your calling. It's hard to believe that the tank is brand new--Looks like it's been established for a while Congrats! Good job guys!!

Wow!! That is one beautiful tank! I would just sit in front of it for hours. Who needs tv when you have a tank like that. :lol:

Good work! You and TD made it just perfect. :):heart:)

Your tank is so beautiful!!! :heart I love the name Mr. Grumpy Gills too, thats perfect! Ive been really wanting to set up a small SW tank and seeing your pics makes me want to do it more. I really want to put clown gobies and hermit crabs in it. Ive always wanted marine hermit crabs, and I love my land ones so much, and the gobies are just too cute.

Im thinking of really making things hard on myself and setting this up in my 5.5 gallon tank. Of course Im using it as hermit crab quarantine right now so I may have to wait awhile! LOL

BTW Devs how many hermies do you have now? As of last weekend Im up to 5 including a baby Ive rescued.

• 3 weeks later...
:o That 2nd crab was awesome-actually,so was that green one that you showed first!! What color's!!!!! Show one more pic of the whole tank!!! :please:please:heart I was at work last nite when I had about 3 seconds to look at the pics. Can't wait for wed.-I'll be off again,and catch up at Koko's. Any way,you two should be proud!!! Everything looks beautiful!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how the tank is going? I have had a nano-reef for quite some time now and I can help you out if you have some questions. I am no expert but I have had my nano for three years now. I would recommend that you check out www.nano-reef.com it helped me out a lot when I was starting up. Good luck and continued success.

• Admin

Oh its just great Hun. I have the purple Coraline now starting all over the tank. :panana

I have only run into two problems and thats with my Sun Polyp and my Rose tip anemone :(

Thats good to hear things are okay. I can tell you that sun polyps are filter feeders and not photosynthetic so I would try to feed it manually, that goes for the rose tip as well. I never had any luck with anemones. They need really really strong lighting >5 wpg and their life expectancy in captivity rarely exceeds a year anyway. Anyway, hope that helps a bit. Continued success.

• Admin

well I feed the liquid plankton, twice a week. The rose anemone I was feeding once a week but she placed her self in the back of the tank and now I cant get to her. I'm hoping that her Clown is feeding her since I do see him running over to her all the time.

The sun how would you feed it if the polyps don't come out ?

You're right, the clown should be taking care of the anemone, it has just found the most comfortable spot in your tank, unfortunately out of view! I have found that some sun polyps really open up once the lights are off in the tank. If your does you can use a turkey baster to feed it. I would suggest mysis if you have it and also you may want to cut off the filters and powerheads for a few minutes so that it can capture all the food before it is blown away. This probably needs to be done at least every other day.

• Admin

Cool thank you so much, I was looking around the web for the sun polyps and have noticed they are night time guys......But I will try the feeding thing cause I'm worried about them getting enough food.....

Your probably right about Rose I see Mr. Grumpy Gills grab food and them swim fastly to the back of the tank, so he might be feeding her. :D

Archived