Tank Accsesories

Guest AcidSquirrel

Guest AcidSquirrel

I have one comet goldfish named Gilbert in a 10 gallon tank i've been reading alot about all the diffrent types of stuff people put into their tanks and i was wondering what i need in my tank to keep Gilbert entertained. I was thinking maybe a bubble wall and some of those softer plants that Gilbert can nibble on i also want some things he can swim around any suggestions?

Edited by AcidSquirrel

Bubble walls are great in a goldie tank; besides helping with aeration and looking nice, most fish seem to love playing in the bubbles. :)

Plants are also good - if you want to provide a 'salad bar' choose any red or purple leaved plants as those seem to get devoured first! If you want to keep them for decoration however, then choose tough plants like Java Fern, Java Moss, Anubias, Onion Plant, Hornwort or Vallisneria.

Goldies are curious and like exploring; it's fun to build them a little cave out of a few sturdy rocks or a terracotta pot placed on its side, or to use rocks or driftwood as 'dividers' to create different areas in the tank. Fake mangrove roots are also popular with goldies - they seem to enjoy poking around those.

Happy creating! :lol:

Edited by emmahj

I have a ten gallon aswell with a lovely ryukin but thats besides the point. What I got for Lefty(thefishsname) was a resonable piece of drift wood some plastic plants and 3 real plants with a gravel bottom. The greatest thing about this is that every time i change the water i can move the stuff around, and because my fishy isan't that smart he thinks hes got a new pad :) .

Hope this helped.

o yea i also get ghost shrip that he plays with :) . im thinking hes going to eat them once he gets big enough ehh o well

cheers

Guest AcidSquirrel

what about fake plants? how do goldfish like those? And what type of fish do you guys have (links and pictures would be greatly apprieciated)

Guest iPodGirl

I have a couple commons, and they love the fake plants I have in the aquarium. I suggest buying silk plants, as certain plastic ones could cause scratches or possibly poke out an eye. My commons love eating algae off the silk leaves!

I also have one of those silk plant aquarium backgrounds that are basically fake leaves that you attach to the back of the aquarium. My commons, for some reason, have the best time swimming between the leaves and behind the decoration itself.

And acidsquirrel, you can see a lot of our goldfish in the pictures section... mine are here: (the red and white one recently passed away...)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13380

Guest AcidSquirrel

That gold one looks exacly like my Gilbert but can i get a shot of your tank i'll try to get a picture on tonight.

.... how do i upload a picture?

Edited by AcidSquirrel

Guest iPodGirl

I believe you can have someone on this board upload pics for you (eg Koko, and mods, I guess) or you can use a site by yourself. Freepichosting and photobucket are good places to try, and 100% free!