Just Transfered 2 Bettas To A Split

eather.hey

I've heard good and bad about the tank dividers, but I have to admitt that I'm a little nervous about this. I've been watching them for about an hour and they hardly seem to realize that the other one is right next door. Any secrets or advice?

Guest Lyndzi

What sort of dividers are they? I make my own and only once had a problem.. one female would NOT stay on her side, once she got the snot beat out of her by a male, and twice she beat the snot out of a male and another female..

I'm sure it was just her though :rolleyes:

I have a commercial divider in mine, and it does great :) . I pushed it up from the bottom a little so it was against the hood on top, that way they can't jump over it. The bottom 1/4 inch I filled with rocks. My betta LOVES it, I think. He's colorful, has lots of plants, and is always swimming around, so :)

:D I think the majority of the people that keep bettas in divided tanks have had good luck with it. I think JMO...that if you placed live or silk plants beteen the divider,and the bettas didn't constantly see each other that that might hep things a bit 6t

Guest sixlittlefish

yesterday I took the divider out of my 5 gallon and moved one of the bettas into a 2 gallon jar..

this was for two reasons, one is that in case of illness it could spread to the other, and the second reason is that one of the bettas I had in there before jumped the divider..

so I would have to say that I won't have a divided tank anymore, and I would make sure that your divider is high enough and tight enough against the tank walls that one betta can't get to the other.. they might look like they are ignoring each other but its only a game :)

It's a commercial divider that I bought at the petstore. There's enuff room up top so I don't think they can jump over and there's enuff gravel so I don't think they can fit under. The divider is secure against the glass too. I put a "hiding" spot in both sides in case they want to be alone. I have caught them flaring at each other here and there, but nothing too serious. I was just worried about them escaping to the other side and being stressed out by flaring at each other all day. So far so good. (I just glanced over and they're in each other's face!) :lol2:madrant

Guest Lyndzi

:D Sounds like they're having fun

I think you've secured your divider well, the commercial ones are much better than my DIY ones ;)

Guest sharklover

i have a divider in a tank that i have i sometimes use it i like how mine has a clear divider and then a blue one that slides in next to it so that they can't see eachotther and the lid goes to the top of the divide so there is no chance of escape to the other side! i think it almost improves how they react to eachother and to you! i have a betta that they flared constantly for two days and then they started just staring at eachother i think they started to get along after a while but when i finally decided i wanted them seperate, they both were more friendly towards me and it was almost as if they wanted company!

Goodluck with your divider!

Archived