I'm Watching My Fish Die

eather.hey

I'm loosing a goldie. He had either an ulcer, hole in the head, or a wound, which got infected with probably fungus. He's been doing okay, but today has been all downhill. Right now he's just floating on his side, still breathing. I really don't think he's gonna make it thru the nite. I just checked on him again and he's being sucked near the filter and then swooshed around by the current and it's already on the lowest speed. It is so sad to watch, maybe I should just turn it off (even tho I know it's bad). I really loved this fish, especially b/c he was a gift. I'm really sad guys.

Just had to get that off my chest.

:(

So sorry :( It's a terrible to feel so helpless in times like this. I'd like to think the fishie knows that you care about it...Don't know about euthanising...but perhaps someone else can advice.

thats really sad :(

atm i have two fishes, one of htem was given to me from my bf

and i feel really dissapoitnd in myself and guilty if it dies :(

both of them are currently sick :(

Oh Heather, that's really sad hun. It's awful watching a very sick pet and not being able to do anything - I hate that feeling of helplessness. :(

If your fish is lying on its side being swooshed round helplessly in the filter current, then I'm sorry to say there is probably no hope of recovery. Personally, I think I would euthanise at this point so it doesn't suffer any further (using clove oil so it drifts away painlessly).

Thinking of you. :hug

:cry1 That so sad. I know that helpless feeling--not being able to do anything.

Like Emma said, when they are being carried around in the current--it is really the end. :cry

:hug:hug

just remember you gave him the best life a goldfish can have. he was healthy, well cared for, and he passed in a familiar place in a dignified way.

Gosh, I have been there, just watching and crying as my goldfish dies, knowing that there's nothing I can do to bring him back to health. With my first goldfish, I just let time take him. With my last goldfish, I decided to euthanise him. I feel much better about that, looking back now, because putting him down made me feel not as helpless as I did with my first fish. At least I shortened his suffering.

I'm sooo sorry. :cry1

I'm so sorry about your fishy. I hate watching them suffer. I hate that feeling of not being able to help.

You did give him a good life. I am sure he knew that.

Laurie

Thanks for all the kind words. No one understands like you. This particular fish had been through alot before he got sick again, so I know in my heart I did my best. He will be missed, but he's in fishy heaven now. :heart

Archived