Sign in to follow this  
fishfaye20

Syphoning And Plants

Ok I saw Blinkys pics and some other and it inspired me to get some live plants! I was thinking of dazzling up my 55gal goldie tank with plants and some driftwood.

I ALWAYS seem 2 kill plants everytime i get them so i want to start off right! lol i read the post at the top of the page and was wondering....

when your syphoning the rocks do you just go around the plants? and if i have driftwood with something like java moss growing over it do i have to lift up the wood to syphon underneath it? Or do i just let the poops sit in there and let the plants soak it up? And I have the bigger rocks so would it be better to plant the plants in a pot or in the rocks?

Im a complete plant dummy so bare with me! Any help would be appreciated!

:) I just syphon right around my plants. I also tend to pick up the driftwood and syphon under it cause it just gets way to bad under there to leave it. Enough debri works its way under rocks to leave a pile under driftwood. It really depends on quanity,and just how big your rocks are...if they're the really big river rocks,putting plants in pots may benefit you more. :) Hope I helped ya somewhat!