Might Not Be Tip Of Month Material...

eather.hey

I buy many kinds of commercial goldfish food to keep a variety in my fish' diet. Well, all these containers were taking up too much space on the top of the tank and I thought they were starting to look cluttered. So I bought this little bamboo box and put them in there. They fit at first, but I ran out of room with all the half-full bags and canisters of food. So what I did was bought one of those Rubbermaid containers that are meant to put juice in (tall and skinny with a flip top drink opening). I emptied all the different kinds of food in there and mixed it all up. Now when I feed my fish, all I have to do is pop the top and shake the canister, and my fish get a variety of food every time I feed them. It's been convenient and the container will probably keep the food fresher.

Guest ralph

:lol: well me have been doing tht for quite awhile. i believe it's a very good idea.

juz a thing to add, make sure the expiry date of the different goldfish food falls near each other. so as to aid u in the time to dispose them should the expiry date arrive. :D

Cool! I never thought it was a really good idea before because I've been doing it for months. I would always buy all sorts of food for my fish and get tired choosing which food i'd feed them for a day. So what i did was to dump em all into one bucket, mix it a lot and pour em into separate containers. I try to balance the mix sometimes by mixing low protien food with growth enhancing pellets and all the other stuff so that my fish would get a balanced diet.

:D Hey,mixing it all together sounds like the goldies get treats everyday!!! With every bite they take,it's like "Surprise"--Great idea!!!! Maybe a mod can move it to submit it,or do youhave to do it yourself?

Archived