To Claire_uk

Guest Badfish

Guest Badfish
hope you can find a treatmet, and if it works can you let me know please for future ref. thanks claire

With regards to your request.

My fish's tail rot has healed! What I did was this.

1)Quarantine the affected fish, and made the hospital look more like home rather than a hospital. With a small airstone to provide air, and a fake plant.

2)I used Sera Baktopur as the medication.

3)Diet is a mixture of flakes, pellets and well, I even fed watermelon and apples.

That's about all, Pearlie's tail healed in about a week, but I left her in the quarantine tank afor almost 2 weeks, trying to get her ready to move back to the main tank, my biggest problem was the pH level, the hospital's was at 6.8 while main tank is flunctuating between 7.9 and 8.0 as I didn't have any of the raise or lower pH meds, what I did was to manually and slowly replace the water in the hospital with that of the main tank, you'll need a lot of patience! (I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I read that moving a fish from an area with large pH difference will cause pH shock)

The only problem right now seems to be that her tail is sort of like stunted? it's much shorter compared to my other pearlscale. And she kept getting nipped by my other pearlscale, the others just leave her alone, and little Pearlie would be avoiding the other pearl, Nessie. Will it stress Pearlie?

I find it weird is that Pearlie tend to stay on her own while the others are always seen in a group. Any advise?

im sorry to hear abot what happend. my fish always stayed together, they slept in height order!!! sorry no advce on what to do, sometimes i think they just need their own space like we do.

Archived