Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Flushed My Level Down The Toilet...

My Aqua Clear 300 came with a little piece that you use to level the filter against the glass of the tank...well it's down the toilet now, it must have fallen into my water change bucket when I moved the filter....I saw it, but the water going in, made the toilet flush and it was gone before my eyes.

It's actually kind of funny, in a stupid way...... :rofl

Does anyone know if you can buy a level for the AC 300, or am I SOL?

Want to know what I am using right now? - this is even funnier....have you ever seen those little toys, they are rubber, and half a circle? You fold them inside out, and they spring up into the air with a popping noise...well I'm using one of those, and it's hot pink and sparkly, does not really go with the fish tank decor....heehee

Jessica

:rofl I have done that with other things, but honestly I dont know what a filter leveler is hun, never seen on before :o

If it makes you feel better I have 2 aquaclears, and I didn't even know there was a leveler! seems to hang on the side of the tank okay without one :) . I did add a little piece of cardboard between the filter and tank though so it was more level. I must have not realized that there was an extra part!

Here you go :) Last one on the list:

A-615 AquaClear "300" Power Filter - 110 V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of parts for this product. 0 = Not Shown

Legend Part Number Part Description

1 A-16000 Motor Unit

2 A-636 Impeller Assembly

3 A-16315 Impeller Cover

4 A-16017 Seal Ring

5 A-16320 Filter Case

6 A-16330 Filter Case Cover

7 A-16340 Filter Media Basket

8 A-16350 Intake Stem

9 A-627 Extension Tube

10 A-16001 Impeller Shaft

11 A-16325 Levelling Device

You can locate a dealer near you here:

http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/product.c...=01006150020101

Edited by BuddyHolly

Thank you Buddy Holly :D

Koko, glad to know that I am not the only one who flushes various accessories down the john :rofl

Mkinga, I have a few A/C too, and they never came with levelers. Only the last one I bought (the 300) came with one. I thought it was garbage, until I figured out what it was actually for heehee :)

Jessica

Hahaha, the funny (funniEST) part of this is the toy you mentioned. I haven't seen one of those things forEVER!!! I think I remember getting one at Chuck E. Cheese when I was little, and I remember having SOOOO much fun with it.

LOL, i flushed down my impeller cover from my aqua clear down the toilet too

sometimes the toilet seems like its gonna over flow but it never does, it reaches the rim

i get if i get a plunger, i can get my impeller cover and all the zeo-carbon chips..

now i'm paranoid, i always take a look into the bucket before dumping the last bit of water, i dont want to lose any more parts....

replacements can be expensive...

I send my old water down the kitchen sink. I suppose that's really gross. When I'm worried about tiny fry going down the sink with the water, though, I use a drain screen so they can't be lost. I've never put my water down the toilet, does everyone do that? Am I the weird one? :huh:

Nope I don't think it's gross -

Mine goes down the kitchen sink too(I have a python).

If that's weird - I guess I'm right there with ya'!

:D

(Wouldn't that much water going in the toilet over flow it?? :huh: )

Yep, mine goes down the bathroom sink. Pythons are so wonderful, aren't they? I can't imagine living without one now!! If I'm dumping water from my other tanks, I just dump it down the kitchen sink though. Nothing gross about it as long as you're not dumping poopy water all over CLEAN dishes. :lol:

I dump my tank water in my flower beds. Hasn't hurt them and they like the extra water.......

I have a Aquaclear but I do not have one of those...

koko, a leveler is a small peice of plastic that mounts to the bottom of the filter box. it keeps the filterbox perfectly level no matter what size tank brim that it is hanging on.

jess,

thats too bad, but funny all the same! :lol: ive got an aqua-clear that doesnt have a leveler on it. i used a 2 liter lid and some hot-glue to replace it insead of actually spending money on such a trivial peice of nothing. but, if i want to transfer it to a smaller tank, ill probably have to get a real leveler. <_<

paul

jess that sucks!!!!!

i pour my water down the toilet too. i used to pour it in to the drain on my parents standing only shower (since only their feet would touch it, and i'd rinse it out anyways afterwards) but then i realized that that was 2 times as far as the toilet.

i've never lost anything to the toilet-burgler but now i'll always check just incase!

Mine either goes down the kitchen sink or onto the orchids. That is soooo funny - now I think I know what that funny little black piece of plastic that I thew out probably was..... A LEVELER!!!! Oh, well, I have not missed it to much - I use cardboard, too. :rofl

Yup, what's even funnier, is that I didn't even think to use glue, and a piece of plastic heehee Thanks toothless. :wall

I don't think putting the water in the sink is gross, my bathroom is just closer, so I use the toilet ;)

Tonight I actually used it to water the garden...my flowers like Whitie Snowflake poo :rofl

Jessica

yeah, your flowers are all hanging out together chatting when all of a sudden, WHOOOOSH! "gargle, gargle, spit, sputter" and then, "aaaaahhh, whitie snowflake poo, my favorite". :rofl

:rofl Paul!!

YOu guys know why the leveler is missing out of so many filter packages? Because 1000's of people who flush their levelers down the toilet go later on to the store, open a new package and take the leveler out!.....You can't imagine how many boxes I opened in the store with the leveler missing! .....hmmmmm....Thats one other advantage when ordering online!.... :lol: