Sign in to follow this  
blinky000

The Lone Fry Is Doing Well

i have one fry left from the sooty/guinness spawning. most of them got infected by planeria but there were 3 left. one of which didnt grow and it died, another was perfect in every way, the tail was properly fromed but for some reason that died too. the other one is this one. he just has a tail like a bristol shubunkin at the moment which is very pretty and odd since he is a fancy. hes been eating a mixture of daphnia babies and crushed hikari when the daphnia were not giving birth. hes gorwing really fast now and fingers crossed he makes it like the miracle from my other spawn last year between posh and becks :) i did take a pic of him about a week ago but hes hardly recognisable by that now so ill try and get a better one soon to show you :panana

Well Blink,at least you still have one left...It's been a whole new learning experience for you anyway.. I can't wait to see it's pic! :D

its so different breeding fancies than commons. much harder!

i just find that the fish are less agressive compared to comets

and also you dont tend to get as many eggs as with comets

its so sad that frys sometimes die for no reasons

i hope your last fry has better luck :)

you would not believe how much the thing eats! he eats about 30 baby or 15 jouvenile daphnia every day!!!! with the larger jouveniles he grabs one end of them because they are FAR too big to fit in his mouth and he thrashes them about like a crocodile does and by that time hes mashed them into a pulp and they slide down easy :lol: oh, its the funniest thing!

here she be! its strange but shes already got an outy anus! its another girl! hehe. this was taken about a week ago actually. her body is a lot longer now.

fry.jpg

Edited by blinky000

:D Yeah...it looks like he eats well!LOL Is that a"gut" on him?????? :lol:

that pic honestly doesnt do the gut justice after a big meal! :rofl

Guest Orandaman

That is a cute! Good job raising him blinky. :lol: