Philippines!

mailboxck

Guest zer0type

hi to all pinoys... ive been browsing this forums for about a month now only to find out late na may pinoy thread pala.. weeee... nice...

i started my GF hobby around 2 years ago... i had this red oranda i named LILO (linux loader ... think geek) for almost 2 years now... shes living in a 20 gallon tank... shes huge... almost 10 inches head to tail... huge and lazy... anyways...

last feb.. i bought another oranda... it was 7 inches head to tail.. i named it SUSE (linux distro.. think geek) ... but unlucky me... it died after a month... electricity problems... nag brownout... 10 hours bumalik ung power.. and when i woke up... my beautiful suse was gone... huhuhu... sad story...

im planning to setup a new home for lilo... a 50 gallon tank... maybe next week... i had a hard time finding the famous EMPEROR 400 HOB Filter... im still bidding in ebay for it... *** last 2 hours for bidding*** wish me luck... i hope i get that filter.

@ mailbox... sorry for the many gf babies u lost... good luck wid ur babies....

i wish i live somewhere in manila... im from davao city btw... way south of the philippines... so hard finding things for my lilo in my local fish store... and too much overpriced... will post lilo's pics soon..

HI TO ALL PINOYS AGAIN....

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zer0type

i lost the bidding... the emperor 400 cost $35... the seller told me the shipping would be $35... weeee... thats way too much of my budget.... anyways... i found a EHEIM LIBERTY 200 in my local fish store... im buying 2 liberty 200 dis week... P1500 each..

tnx anyways marco...

Guest zer0type

domo arigato... ive been visiting this forums just to read for about a month now... i found out late bout this pinoy thread...

ya.. it was kinda sad losing my SUSE... i bought her from a direct seller to our LFS.. she came from a pond.. when she got into our house... i have to treat her for a month... she came wid a bit of ICH, SBD, and RED STREAKS... but it all went away (tnx to TetraMedica's GOLDMED).. darn electricity... it went out around 10 PM... i did a quick water change around 11 PM to make things safe... when i woke up 7 am... she still died... so i have to be late for a midterm exam because i went to my LFS and buy battery operated pump because i was worried about my other fish LILO... ahihi.... LILO first before EXAM... i was 30 minutes late for my exam.. weee... (fortunately my instructor still allowed me to take the exam after giving me a weird look... i told her i have to buy something for my fish due to power loss... my classmates just laughed... they all know my LILO because every classmate has gone to our house wid almost the same expression saying "WOW... ang laking goldfish!!! goldfish ba talaga to??? " , they have never seen a goldfish that big like lilo b4... ahihihi...) *** coyote ugly, u understand tagalog ryt??? ***

It must have been a shock when you saw her dead :( I'm really sorry....losing a fish is very hard....I lost a lot of my favorite fishes these past few months :cry1 Do you have any pics of your fish??I would surely love to see her :)

I hope to see you around :) There are lots of members here that are helpful and very knowledgeable.Please feel free to post if you have any questions :) Oh and yes,I do understand tagalog...do you spaek japanese ?

Guest zer0type

i might find a pic of my lilo and suse.. looking.. but forgive the low quality pictures.. i took it using a cellphone camera... ***looking for pics..

Image460.jpg

LILO and SUSE

Image459.jpg

side view ... LILO and SUSE

Image461.jpg

hungry and cute!!!

and forgive my blank looking tank.. its kinda hard looking after plants specially when the gang's hobby is to transfer and re arrange things inside the tank...

i dont speak japanese... too much animes i guess.. but i would love to learn the language.. i might be working in japan next year or two.. btw ... both my parents are working in japan.. they are in IBARAKI KEN... i looked at the map.. its somewhere near CHIBA...

**** how many kids u have coyote ugly???

wow! Ganda ng isda mo ah. I'm from San Juan, bandang greenhills, but i study at DLSU taft. Tabi lang ng cartimar! Petshop heaven!

I'm so envious. I've got 4 goldfish but not as big and beautiful as yours

I've still got 3 fries by the way and they're starting to look like real goldfish. They're a mix between a fancy and a pearscale.

Guest zer0type

tnx... i love my oranda's too... sobra...

lilo is around 10 inches.. and suse is about 7 or 8 inches... (nose to tail)

i envy you for having to live there... i wonder how cartimar looks like... sana maka pasyal ako dyan... btw bro.. penge favor oh.. kung makapasyal ka cartimar... pwede mo ba i inquire if dey have an EMPEROR 400 na hang on the back (HOB) filter.. ahihi... salamat ng marami.. i envy u a lot !!!!

post ur GF pics... and i really want to see those 3 lucky survivor fry of urs...

Wow!! They are beautiful and big :heart I love the colors too :) You should post them in the "your goldfish photos" so everyone will have a chance to see them.

Guest zer0type

lol... when i get my new tank done.. ill do dat...

anyways.. what i love to see most is ur buttercup.. very cute cheeks!!!

Thank you :D Buttercup is a great fish!

111-1197_AUT.jpg

112-1220_AUT.jpg

The black oranda is Jasmin....she had the same chubby cheeks as buttercup but unfortunately she died about a week ago(dropsy) :cry1 I love chubby cheek orandas :D

Guest zer0type

:cry1 sorry u lost her... shes in GF heaven now....

me 2.. i love chubby GF... but my LILO does not have chubby cheeks... so hard to find nice GF in my area... LILO was a lucky find... i bought her for about P300.. dats around $6... ahihi.. preety cheap for a 9 inch oranda ....

btw... i love your avatar coyote ugly.. is dat ur fish??? a panda oranda???

Yes,that was my special fish Chilly Willy.He was my favorite amongst all of them.I lost him too with popeye/dropsy :cry1 I've been having a lot of bad luck these past months and I lost a lot of my fish....I'm just hoping everything will turn around for good from now :)

107-0796_AUT.jpg

107-0784_AUT.jpg

Well,you're lucky to have Lilo,she/he's a great looking fish :)

Guest zer0type

chilly willy is so beautiful.. very very very nice panda oranda... why are u getting so unlucky wid GF's lately??? ur tank ok??? any filter problems maybe??? how did he get dropsy??? sorry to hear u lost chilly willy...

i want a panda oranda!!!! so envious of ur oranda coyote ugly!!!

Those are very nice fish!

I still have no recent pics of my fry but will try to get some soon.

My poor ryukins have some sort of disease coz there's some sort of parasite in their tank i think. Salt helps keep it down so they're a bit ok.

Where do you like zero?

Guest zer0type

pls repeat question... if ur asking me "where do you live zero??".. im from davao... btw mailboxck.. ung recent post ko.. pls pakibasa.. enge sana ako favor sayo... dats if mapasyal ka sa cartimar...

Thanks zer0type :) I love pandas but true pandas are hard to find....I also had a panda telescope named Pandee :)

We have water quality issues here now.We have 1 ppm copper in our tap water which is lethal to fish.I'm trying to straighten everything out.It's just so frustrating to lose so many fish.

Mailboxck,I hope your ryukin feels better soon....is it marbles???I haven't seen you around much...I hope all's good with you and your fishies :)

Guest zer0type

i hope i can order them online.. lol.. dat wont be possible i think...

good luck wid your water treatment coyote.. hope u get rid of dat copper problem... we all hate losing our beloved fishes...

*** if i have money.. ill buy a LAKE for my GFs... ahihi

• 2 weeks later...

sige. i'll try to ask for you zero. i don't go to cartimar often ksi coz everytime i go there, i usually end up spending money on fishy stuff. :rofl

Marbles is doing much much better now. I got a cheapo type of parasite killer and used it in my tank. Works like wonders for me!

Guest zer0type

tnx bro... lol.. that also happens to me... everytime i go to a pet shop, i often end up buying something... lol... the solution... when u visit pet stores, DO NOT BRING MONEY! ...

tnk goodness ur ryukins are ok! but the medicine that works best for my babies is tetramedica goldmed...

Guest Andro

Hello there mga Pinoys! I just found out that mayroon palang Pinoy sa "International Goldfish Help" and I'm just glad to know this :D I'm from Southern California (halfway between Los Angeles and Palm Springs) and just started having interest on Goldfish about 2 months ago. I have been interested in aquarium fishes ever since but hasn't taken it seriously after that tragic incidence when I was in my high school in Iloilo City. I was raising salt water fish and somehow they all died because my dad keep on adding decorations on it without my knowlege :angry: Anyway, that was a long time ago.

Right now, I have a 40 gallon 36"x15"x18" and have an Emperor 400 HOB filter which I had set up 4 weeks ago. I still haven't put up anything on the media basket. Maybe a black diamond premium activated carbon on one and a white diamond ammonia neutralizing crstals or diamond blend. What would you guys prefer? After two weeks of zero fish just the filter running and added a bacteria starter from Proaquatics, I thought I'm ready and I added a gold fish on it. Right now I have three - 1 1/2" goldfish in there. A red lionhead, a red cap oranda and a blue oranda. I'm still looking for one more 1 1/2" and that's it. I want them to grow big as much as possible. I'm feeding them ProGold pellets https://www.goldfishconnection.com/ :)

My aquariun seems to be a little bit "smoky" or cloudy but not very much. Is this a bacterial bloom? I have 25% water change three days ago and now it's going back to smoky/cloudy when you i looked at it. I have a 28 watt Actinic Blue 11,000k marine Daylight Pink Plant Grow Fluorescent Light fixture. I could see almost all of the tiny bubbles in my aquarium. Is this normal to me cloudy even though my ammonia, nitites, nitrates and ph are all normal up to now? I have a complete drop test kit and I don't use strip test. Anyway I think this is just a bacterial bloom... on which I'm freaking about nothing at all <_<

Guest zer0type

hi there... welcome sa pinoy thread..

from the sound of ur tank descrption, ang ganda siguro ng tank mo... i envy u for having an emperor 400... i wish i can get one... but its no where to be found here sa philippines.. (i think)... im from davao city btw...

anyways, cloudy tank after water change is quite normal... it will clear out around 1 or 2 days... i dont know dat much bout tank cycling, maybe u should ask this question the pros sa GENERAL GOLDFISH CHAT section... the only thing i can advice u is never clean the media of ur emperor sa water ng faucet, it will kill most of ur GOOD BACTERIA na nakatira sa media... just put it inside the tank when ur changing water, swish and wiggle it a bit.. and ur done (at least thats wat ive heard, even though i dont have one)...

welcome po uli...

Guest Andro

Thanks zer0type! Try to check this out: http://www.marineland.com/products/consumer/con_emperor.asp The Emperor 400 Bio-Wheel filtration system has a refillable media container for chemical filtration only. It doesn't hold any beneficial oxygen-breathing bacteria but only the bio-wheel which is very important not to wash it. The Emperor 400 system has a 3-stage filtration; mechanical (yung filter that you have to change it regularly,) chemical (the one you put on the media basket, parang itim at puti na pebbles which you have to buy it from Marineland or anything you may want to put it in there (optional) and the very important biological filtration (the bio-wheel which you have to protect it and not to wash it at all times because all the good bacteria is in there.) The bacteria culture biologically changes the ammonia (waste of the fish turns to ammonia) into nitrite then the bacteria culture biologically changes the nitrites to nitrates. When nitrates accumulates in your aquarium then that's the time you have cycled your tank and you have to do regular water changes from then on. This is the time you know you have cycled your tank. I have added some bacteria starter to speed up the cycling (Proaquatics) on my aquarium before I put the fish in after a week. I had noticed that it has been cloudy since then, but not cloudy when I turn off the light on my aquaruim. Anyway I think this will just fade off because of the bacterial bloom... I hope :unsure: Oh, by the way I have this Python aquarium maintenace system that is very, very useful! You can change your water every week w/o any difficulties (which eliminates the buckets.) Check this out: http://www.pythonproducts.com/nospill.htm

Anyway, I hope you will find the Emperor system there in the Philippines. I bought mine for $69.99+tax at a local pet shop here. Marineland has a lot of products to offer. You might also consider their Penguin Power Filter 350 and it's a little bit cheaper than the Emperor.

Thanks again for your reply! I speak Ilongo and Tagalog.

Guest zer0type

i actually was looking for it at ebay.. and guess what.. i almost won the bidding.. $ 36 , dats cheap for a brand new emperor 400, the only problem is the shipping, whooping $ 35.. and dats insane... if the item = shipping price, den dats another story for me... im planning to setup a new tank... the only HOB i can find in my LFS is eheim's liberty 200.. im planning to buy 2... but i still really reallly really want bio wheels....

and guess what, i cant find test kits in my LFS... the only thing available is dat digital PH meter by sera, and whooping P6000.... errr... im not rich, im just a student.. huhuhu... no money, no ph tester....

if u browse a page back, u will see my pics... i have very huge oranda's thats y im planning to give them a new bigger home...

tnx for d reply andong, pwede ka magtagalog sa kin, wag lang ilongo... ahihi...

Archived