Sign in to follow this  
Fantail

Can Goldfish Really Live Over 50 Years?

Guest noahnjm

They must be getting mixed up with koi, but I guess its possible if you do give its lots and lots of water to ITS SELF and then keep it healthy with good amount of water changes and the best food out there.

I would say its not worth giving it that much attention just for it to live that long, and giving it that much money to spend on one fish :rofl

I'm pretty sure the goldfish that currently holds the record only lived to 42 or 43. And that's just a common, fancies have shorter lives. noahnjm is right, they must be thinking of koi (or trying to bend the facts to make people be more consciencious).

I'm pretty sure the goldfish that currently holds the record only lived to 42 or 43. And that's just a common, fancies have shorter lives. noahnjm is right, they must be thinking of koi (or trying to bend the facts to make people be more consciencious).

well actually, the oldest fish lived to be 70! :o

well actually, the oldest fish lived to be 70! :o

That's a goldfish we're talking about? I thought Tish was still the oldest. He died at 43 (I looked it up to be sure of the age).

Guest noahnjm

The oldest goldfish I have ever had is still living, weve had him about 6 1/2 years, so he must be about 7 years old.

Man this post is off the subject... :rofl

thats what i thought, no goldfish can live to be that old :)

Guest noahnjm

But it might be able to if you raise it yourself (assuming your skilled enough to treat it with meds and all that stuff, and knowing how to care for a goldfish) if u give it 300 gallons to its self, it might be able to live that long :rofl lol im not sure if it could but i'm guessing since the more water it has to its self the cleaner the tank is, which of course you would have a filter for it, but it would make sence that it would be able to if you have the room for a 300 gallon rubbermaid/tank or something to keep it in.

OK! i dont know if that made scence but long story short if you dont want to read it.

Give a fish 300 gallons to its self, might live longer lol