This Is A Happy Day!

Wynkin

I have waited for this day for months!

Last September, we started building an art studio in the back of our house and my plan was to put my goldies out there in a 50 gallon tank.

I had 2 goldies then, an orange fantail and a white telescope. In December I bought a third (she is sort of a ryukin/fantail/oranda/veiltail). I put her in a 10 gallon quarantine tank that was only supposed to be for a month or so.

Well the gist of it is that last week we finally got electricity out there and wah-laa! I set up the new 50 gallon tank that had sat empty in my living room for months. I put together the wire stand. Jsrtist came and helped me get the water in with her python and transfer 2 of the goldies. I put 2 existing Penquin bio-wheel filters and most of the water from the exising 20 gallon. And river rock with nice algae on it. :)

Today I tested the water and ammonia and nitrites are 0, nitrates 10, so I added the 3rd fish. She seems so happy--they have lots of room and I can work out there and watch my fish.

Wahoo!

Check out photos in the member photo section.

:hi

thats great news, nancy!

i know youve been itching to get them into their new tank. ill bet theyre lovin' it in there. :lol:

hows the rest of your studio going?

Thanks Toothless!

My studio is great, I have been working out there for a while. Since I use mostly natural light and there are huge windows, it didn't matter that the switches, plugs and light fixtures weren't finished.

But they are now. And there is a bathroom too.

Here is a pic taken at night--you can see my worktable, my daughter and our dog, Romy. :)

post-9-1085333171.jpg

wow!

the before pics that you posted a while back didnt do it any real justice! ITS HUGE! your studio is almost as big as my apartment! :blink:

i see your daughter has got your fiery red hair. shes very pretty too! my mother has red hair and im surprised that i dont! :lol: also, i just looove the way that romy is leaning over as if to say, "hey, i want in, move over!". :rofl

Paul, you are too funny! :D:lol::rolleyes:

The studio is 22'x36' and has a full bathroom (with a shower) and a utility sink in the main room. My new tank is next to the sink for making water changes easier.

My father was a redhead and so is my mother-in-law. Red hair often skips a generation. My son's hair used to be very red but it darkened and now is brown. I am sure that my daughter's won't change.

Here is another pic at night (my table with a project on it):

post-9-1085363076.gif

yeah, even though i didnt get her red hair, i still got a few freckles on my face from her (shes covered). :lol:

with windows that big, youll never have a problem seeing the "true" colors of all the different kinds of media that you use. :lol

anyway, i looove your new flat, im sure youll get many, many years of enjoyment from it. B)

hey!!! thats sooooo awesome! i saw that sculpture on your wall in pic 1 and i had this urge to see it up close and so i went to your site and found it! its "(Shattered Dress

with Gold Leaf) 1987, collection of Sophie" correct?

that is a fantastic studio!

Guest nycgirl123

ahhh thats so great! i am happy for you. i remember when i got my red oranda.... i was so happy lol. its amazing how these little things make ur mood change. i am happy for you again! i am hopign to get another fish myself actually lol

Hi Lachfa,

The ceiling is slanted--it is 12' on the north side and 8' on the south side. It is so bright and beautiful in there. I have great light all day (I need the natural light to work).

It is the most beautiful work space that I have ever had. My fish love it too. I have to move this computer out there so I can watch my fish while I am online.

Sometimes I sit in a chair in front of the tank and watch them for a long time.

:hi

me too! its VERY soothing to sit back and watch your happy, healthy little wigglers dart around the tank and forage for scraps. ;)

i think theres a word for people like us; dreamers! :rolleyes:

:rofl

I have been called a dreamer by many different people at many different times in my life!

I take it as a compliment! You are super, toothless. :panana

Archived