Baby Fish

Lachfa

My daughter told me yesterday she saw a tiny white fish in the pond. I know what is in the pond and there are no tiny white fish.....maybe a baby?? So I sat near the edge of the pond last night a stared in the water. I told her she better not be lying to me - cause this is going to drive me crazy. She assured me she wasn't, but then I think you could imagine lots of things staring into the water.....did she really see something :huh: Oh I want a fish baby so bad!

Guest pandatelescope

Do you have a strong filter?If you don't it could have been a baby coming to the top of the water to get air.Also he could've gotten eaten by the other fish in the pond.

It is very likely though that a guppie got plopped into your pond if you had bought plants from a local store.I know that happened to me and I got two guppies snecked in my bag when I brought the plants home.Anything is possible.

I watched off and on all weekend and didn't see anything. But then again a little fry in a 500 gallon pond is going to be hard to find. And he may have gotten eaten too, my biggest koi was tryin to fit one of the frogs feet into his mouth, it was funny. The frog looked at him like, what are you trying to do?! Do I look like fish food to you?! :rofl

I don't have any new plants other than ones I bought as bulbs, they were dry plants, so no fish there. I cleaned the filter this weekend so the water is more clear then it was. This is good for me to see, but may also make the other fish see him.

After seeing Sootia's little fry, I think my daughter may have seen one....

Archived