Sign in to follow this  
Fefe

New Tank

Hello all,

I hope you all remember me...i just lost my big tank of 7 feet and got rid of all the things + fish.

Now i miss all my fish and was wondering if i can keep a smaller tank and only one Big size Goldie like 7 or 8" goldie.

Please guide me what Size tank is best to keep just a single fish of 7-8".

i would like a low mintance type of tank.

Thanking you for your Help in advance.

Rafaqat

I agree with jdude. A bigger tank will be less maintainance, as long as you don't get any more fish. If you got a bigger tank, like 30 gallons, and just kept one 8" fish in it, you could probably do water changes every two weeks (instead of every week, like most people do). That's the tradeoff -- a smaller tank means more work, but takes up less of your space, while a bigger tank is less work.

I think a 20 gallon tank should be enough, i have one, and its kinda big

--Yin

I knew you couldn't stay away from tanks and a goldfish for long, Fefe!! A 20 or 30 gl tank is so much more pleasant when it comes to maintenance, compared to your old big tank!! )

Guest ed586

Wow, a 7 foot tank.... I can't imagine how much water that held! :o:)

Not less then 15 for low maintenance. A ten gallon is shaky for a big goldfish, in my opinion. A good filter will also do wonders.

Hope you enjoy.

Thank you friends...ok i will go with 25 or 30 gal tank with one Huge fish...i want to know does shape of Tank maters? i like deep tanks.

What shape is more suitable to fish that big?

Yes My 7 feet tank held almost 200 Galons of water.

Love

Rafaqat

Guest noahnjm

I don't think the shapes

matter, but for a fish that big,

I would suggerst a long 20 gallon.

Hope that helped!

Noah

p.s. dont forget to decorate! :D

Guest noahnjm

sorry i meant 30 gallon long, but its your choice so deep or wide, it dont matter! ;)

Noah

If you deside on a fancy goldie the shape of the tank won't really matter, as they don't mind the deeper water. (keep in mind though that taller tanks have less surface area and will require the use of some kind of airation.) If you deside on a streamline (Common, comet, etc) a longer tank is better. These guys like to swim along the glass.

Good luck!

- Tabi

PS: Also try to not forget about water changes when picking a shape. For instance, a 20 gallon hexagon will be more of pain to clean due to depth. :)