Salt bath in marine tank?

• Admin
On 10/13/2022 at 9:06 PM, CharlesP said:

Is a marine tank too concentrated to use as a quick salt bath for fancy goldfish?

YES 😮 

Good thing I didn’t try it. I have been using marine salt though at 10 tblspn per gallon for about 5 minutes. Seems to be working so far. Out of 10 fancy holdfish(5 ranchu and 5 oranda) only one is in really bad shape. I still have hope for Mr Turd Burger though. He is hanging In there somehow

• Admin
22 minutes ago, CharlesP said:

Good thing I didn’t try it. I have been using marine salt though at 10 tblspn per gallon for about 5 minutes. Seems to be working so far. Out of 10 fancy holdfish(5 ranchu and 5 oranda) only one is in really bad shape. I still have hope for Mr Turd Burger though. He is hanging In there somehow

what is wrong with your fish? :) 

He came in with a icky slime coat and then developed swim bladder problems or maybe he is just too weak to swim so he floats. At first he floated with balance now he is on his side for about two days. Also his fins are frayed but that may be from some other fish getting to him at night. I put the 10 fish into a very well established 75 gallon with power head/ sponge filter, fluval 403 and bubbles with pea gravel. Still have been doing 33% water changes every other day.

• Admin
18 hours ago, CharlesP said:

He came in with a icky slime coat and then developed swim bladder problems or maybe he is just too weak to swim so he floats. At first he floated with balance now he is on his side for about two days. Also his fins are frayed but that may be from some other fish getting to him at night. I put the 10 fish into a very well established 75 gallon with power head/ sponge filter, fluval 403 and bubbles with pea gravel. Still have been doing 33% water changes every other day.

Can you get some photos of the fish for me? 

Mr. turd burger Is swimming with the fishes …..in heaven. But he will be remembered fondly as he was fed to Harold the Pac-Man frog and he will be turned into a frog poop which will then fertilize the terrarium