Bleeding spots all over the body, please help!

Hello, my ranchu suddenly got bleeding spot all over her body. I checked through her body and there was no evident parasite. I checked the other fishes wether they got it also but none of them had it. Can someone suggest what might caused her these bleeding spots and how to cure them? Thank you!

43385571-B5CE-4001-964E-02F16B8BB69A.jpeg

ADC32176-0DB3-43D6-AC97-465107F24F1A.jpeg

D48354C1-17B4-4184-ADBD-5FA80C028A08.jpeg

4F734034-E783-4063-AAD2-5E3EC29CDAA2.jpeg

• Helper

Hi there! I hope we can help your little ranchu, but we will need a lot more information first, if you can fill out this form completely. It will be especially pertinent to know the history of everything in or out of the tank, including planes and live food :)

DIAGNOSTIC CHECKLIST

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

I did another recheck and found a greying part on her scales. I am unsure wether it’s scale rot or parasite. I also found a piece of her scale that was detached 

31F23ABA-1320-4F07-9F58-1E29DCEA6939.jpeg

87BA7B7A-0CF7-4354-87F9-B6AAD3937BD1.jpeg

184E893C-BE15-4A4C-BC41-147F72C1E74C.jpeg

Hi @artic mama, I will try to answer all the quetsion that I can answer right now. The water temperature is normal, no difference compared to other days (sorry my aquarium thermometer broke and I kept forgetting to buy new one). The tank is around 50 litres or 13 gallon. It’s been running for 2 months, I haven’t changed the water in those months. The tank is overcrowded since there was an accident 2 months ago where I was forced to out them in the small tank. Theres a total of 11 fish, 3 large (10-15cm), 7 medium (5-8cm), and 1 tiny (2-3cm). I don’t use any conditioners since the water I have in my house is free of chlorine and any other chemicals. I feed sinking pellets once a day. There’s no new fish in the tank. No medication in the tank. I do use active bacterias that helps with ammonia. She has bloody streaks on her, no frayed fins, I can’t identify fungus but I do find grey areas in her scales as post above. For some reason she looked smaller to me today.

• Helper

I’m sorry I can’t do much to help without the water being tested. Do you have a test kit or can you get one? We like the API freshwater master test kit, but any liquid re-agent kit will do.

If you can copy and paste your information into the form above it will help me out, too, since it is organized in a way that’s easier for me to access back and forth as we go.  Unfortunately just from scanning your post I see a number of issues.

Why haven’t you changed the water? With overcrowding it is particularly important, and in a tank that small you are going to have major issues with waste. The form is also asking for your filter information and that is critical too, if it is a mature filter that’s been running from the previous tank we will have different issues than if it is a new one. But from what you’ve told me this looks like bacterial hemorrhagic septicemia. 

We can’t begin to treat the issue until we get on top of the water quality and over-crowding. Those fish should be in a tank that is minimally 100 gallons, and that’s overstocking even that. To stay on top of their waste production you’d be needing to change their water every two days or so, or the nitrates would be through the roof even in a well filtered tank.  

So the first order of business is a water change, then acquiring a test kit. Keep the water impeccably clean and then we can deal with what medications and treatments that fish will need in a hospital tank/bucket/tub. But if we can’t solve the issues in the main tank the rest of the fish will likely suffer as well. That’s crucial, first, even if this one is lost.

Hi @artic mama, sorry for the late reply. I finally changed their waters yesterday and administed some medications for the ranchu. 

The reason why I did not change the water over time is because I did not know that in a well filtered tank nitrates could still pile up.

The overcrowding is actually a measure tonovercome my filter. Two months ago (my last water change) was caused by the tube on the filter disconnecting resulting in all of my water lost. This happened when I was still sleeping. Thankfully all of my fish was still alive. I throw out most of the water in my tank after that so if there’s going to be an accident like this the fish’s water would not be throw out. 

As of right now since I’m still collecting money for my new filter I will be changing my water frequently like once a day 20liters (2/5 of the water) to keep the nitrates in check. Ps. the water parameter checker is very rare in my country so I cannot check the nitrates level. 

Thank you very much for identifying my ranchu’s sickness and pointing out what I did wrong. I really did not know that nitrates could built up in good filtered tank><

• Helper

You’ll want to change a larger amount of the water than that daily. Half or even the full amount, in such a small tank. Unfortunately I can’t help much further without that data, it’s just best guesses, but I’d you’re medicating your fish a broad spectrum antibiotic ish your best bet.

Yes, I will try to change more water in the future. Thank you for replying me, it was really helpful😊