Corydora catfish and Betta with ICH

(Seeing that the Cory Cats and Betta are in the same quarantine tank because they were in the same tank at the store, I thought I'd post here and not in the Betta section.)  Ok so I just bought a tiny little Female Betta and 3 cory catfish from the pet store a few days ago. The tank was very dark with no light at the store so I didn't notice that they have ICH. :o I didn't see anything at home when I put them into the quarantine tank either because they are in constant motion, so when I took a picture, that is when I saw the little white raised bumps on fins and body, and clamped fins. 

Well the thing is I tried to Google meds, but seen Cory Cats can't tolerate salt in the water and are sensitive to ICH meds. :undecided: But on some other forums....(Yeah, I should have stuck with info from Koko's in the first place :) ) OK anyway, they said to use Nox-Ich,, or Hikari Ich-X or, API Super Ich Cure, or ,Kordon Rid Ich Plus, but they said they don't know if they were safe for the Cory cats, but safe for the Betta ....... So which one of these 4 treatments is really safe for the Betta AND the Cory Cats? 

Also, I didn't think of it at the moment at the pet store, but I realized now that they used the same net for all the tanks, and the same cup to fill the fish bags! :yikes I did buy some Rosey Barbs, and a male Betta from 2 different tanks that day too (Those fish are in the other 2nd quarantine tank)......So does that mean I should treat all the fish for ICH now be cause of cross contamination from the net and cup being used in all of the tanks? 

20220406_154143 (3).jpg

20220406_154040 (2).jpg

Also added to the list of ICH meds to choose from that I see are MetroPlex and Kordon Ich Attack Herbal Formula......  

It's unreasonable to think that cories can't tolerate any ich meds. This means that ich would nearly always prove fatal for them. I use Kordon Rid Ich whenever I have ichy fish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 4/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, mjfromga said:

It's unreasonable to think that cories can't tolerate any ich meds. This means that ich would nearly always prove fatal for them. I use Kordon Rid Ich whenever I have ichy fish.

I agree hun.