Strange lump keeps changing ?

Floaty goldfish now lying on bottom. Eating a little and moves about when he or she sees me. Upside down most of the time but rights himself to eat once a day...large swellings on one side and scales there have come off. Today swelling down but can now see  through skin lump is kind of horse she shape . Could this be internal parasites ? Has anyone seen similar ? My local pet store thought abscess and someone else mentioned egg bind ?

Water parameters are perfect for a goldfish and feeding have tried veggie diet and protein quality sinking food and frozen food . Diet does not appear to affect this. Epsom salts has been tried and no medication given as still struggling to ensure correct diagnosis before treating.

I have ordered a filter sponge with no carbon and on on the brink of ordering Seachem  Kanaplex as I think it sounds like the right stuff to tackle this ??

I am keen to get an opinion from someone more experienced please. The guys in my fish store dont really know much more than me  and only recommend their own brands etc.

MoniqueIMG_20220307_170900.thumb.jpg.9f66faa3c6a2dc89c20229dfad57f784.jpg

That fish has been put through the ringer. His spine is permanently curved from having long term swim bladder issues... and those manifestations on his side are likely internal tumors.

I would have euthanized this fish long ago had he been my fish, but I honestly think it's time to consider letting him go. His quality of life hasn't been good for quite some time by your posts.

• Helper

Gosh yeah, I have to agree just with what I know of the history here and the image. That sort of mushy abdomen with other symptoms is an end stage symptom of an infection, though other things can cause it that’s the most common. I’ve seen it a handful of times and never on a fish who recovered.  You could send us a video of the fish moving and maybe it will look different, but that poor animal is miserable and I really don’t think we have the diagnostic chops or medications available long distance to do much more. This is vet level, and I’m still not optimistic about the chances.

I’m sorry Monique, I wish I had happier opinions to share :(

• Admin
On 3/7/2022 at 10:57 AM, Monique Chester said:

Ok fair enough. Thanks for answering  though I really appreciate it .😁😁😁

Oh man I am sorry to see this... I agree with MJ and ArcticMama 🤗