hi never joined a forum so please go easy on me ok here i go i  moved my 2 oranda goldfish to their new larger tank a week ago then 2 days ago added a 3rd 1st day my red cap was in his face been a total chit yesterday much calmer but still been a pain occationally my new boy is much bigger doesnt seem too worried what are my chances of this stopping 

background as i knew i was getting larger tank i cycled a 2nd external filter for 5 mnths before moving both filters to new tank no cycling issues master test kit shows amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate under 5 kh 6 ph 7.4 gh 19 tank is 252l no more fish will be added thanks in advance

• Admin

Well hey 👋  :welcome

Do you have any places for the fish to hide like plants? Also maybe one is a girl and the other is a boy?

Photos would help out so much :) 

now they aregood till about 5.30 pm then the red cap will swim right next to him with its head right against his trying to shove him the chocolate is too big to push but im sure it irritates him hes too big to hide and he has such a big turning circle not much he can do but no attempting to nip his fins or anything just for about an hr till lights go out red cap is a pain my lighting system reduces the light gradually from about that time could that be a trigger

IMG-20220302-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20220301-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20220301-WA0006.jpeg

• Admin

Well well, I think I might have solved the problem... You have a boy fish trying to mate with a girl fish.... :) 

its the red cap trying to mate the chocolate i got told he was a boy lol but have now looked on you tube and yes thats the behaviour for sure but now alot more chilled so you think the chocolate is a female doesnt matter to me but how can you tell please

• Admin
13 hours ago, jaxgals said:

its the red cap trying to mate the chocolate i got told he was a boy lol but have now looked on you tube and yes thats the behaviour for sure but now alot more chilled so you think the chocolate is a female doesnt matter to me but how can you tell please

Well if you can lets get a good look at the pectoral fins on both fish.... Also the butt area too... That would help me out :) 

will try but all is calm now infact i swear they snuggle was so worried but touch wood they have got over it now thank you 

• Admin
31 minutes ago, jaxgals said:

will try but all is calm now infact i swear they snuggle was so worried but touch wood they have got over it now thank you 

Well if you get some photos of there front fins. We will be able to see if there is breeding stars on there... The butt you can tell if its an inny or an outty. :)